bryanl87 wrote: mikeyp wrote:
i'm a 1L at villanova, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! i'd prefer to keep the questions in the thread for everyone's benefit.
and yes, the food in the cafeteria is not the best around, heh.
I have few if you wouldn't mind
1) How do the locals feel about Villanova vs. Temple? I think both being strong regional schools, what locals think about each school matter a lot right?
2) Does Villanova have any specific subjects that they are known for, just as Temple is known for their trial-advocacy and international law? I'm just curious about the differences because I have applied to both.
3) What's one thing you like about being a Villanova student so far?
1) if you're talking about law school, it doesn't get talked about too much. people are pretty happy hear and don't talk too much about it! if you're talking about basketball, well obviously we talk crap about temple pretty often
2) not sure about subjects, but the faculty has very impressive credentials. nova also has great job placement in philly. and i've noticed that the connection to alumni is VERY STRONG and very often prefer to hire villanova grads.
3) One thing? that's hard. i absolutely love it here. but i'd have to say the faculty. they legitimately care about students. everyone from professors to administration. it's really impressive. i'll be walking in the halls and dean so-and-so will say "hello" and call me by my name, and i've never met him/her before! professors are very eager to meet outside the classroom. and there are often small events called SOS put on by SBA and they bring a few kegs of yeungling into the dining room for free. can't argue with that