Villanova 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
jlnoa0915

Re: Villanova 2013

Postby jlnoa0915 » Sat May 01, 2010 7:07 pm

yeahyeah2121 wrote:^ False. I've been "in review" since 3/15. I called this week and was told I would have a decision within a "couple weeks" so unless your numbers are above the median for both GPA/LSAT, get ready for a nice long wait.

Took me only a few days to go from review to decision. You should plan for a longer wait if you applied later in the cycle; its the nature of rolling admissions.

um08

Postby um08 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:50 pm

stayway

Postby stayway » Tue May 04, 2010 1:10 pm

mikeyp or any other current villanova students,

how "popular" is rosemont plaza? This lady that is in charge of leasing is telling that they are booking it now and that later in the summer, there won't be any left. I'm on a waitlist right now so I can't book any apartments right now. How "fast" do they go? Do you know any similar apartments near by?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm on the waitlist at a different school and in at Nova
Last edited by stayway on Tue May 04, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onion

Postby Onion » Tue May 04, 2010 1:25 pm

See PM....

As a side note, does anyone else get really excited when they see someone has written in the Villanova Fourm?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Tue May 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Onion wrote:
As a side note, does anyone else get really excited when they see someone has written in the Villanova Fourm?

+1. (I hope this post has made someone else excited).

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:26 pm

Onion wrote:See PM....

+1, 3 1/2 more months til it all begins.

Onion

Postby Onion » Tue May 04, 2010 3:52 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:
Onion wrote:See PM....

+1, 3 1/2 more months til it all begins.

Sounds like a ton of time, but it will feel like an instant once is all starts... we will look back and wish we had more summer and less reading.

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Tue May 04, 2010 5:27 pm

nooyyllib wrote:mikeyp or any other current villanova students,

how "popular" is rosemont plaza? This lady that is in charge of leasing is telling that they are booking it now and that later in the summer, there won't be any left. I'm on a waitlist right now so I can't book any apartments right now. How "fast" do they go? Do you know any similar apartments near by?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm on the waitlist at a different school and in at Nova

i don't know too many people at rosemont, but those that live there seem to like it. i think there's a fair amount, but there's a whole lot more at radnor house. my personal opinion is that you should look elsewhere. most people that live at rosemont are not law students; instead its mostly people that live there all the time. so there are not many that open up every year. you can scour craigs list for radnor apartments because its a condo building, so you have to rent through their individual owners (i found mine on craigs list). also, radnor crossing is another popular place, but its just not walking distance to the bars (whereas radnor and rosemont are). if you're looking for a single bedroom at radnor, i know one that is opening up.

Isles

Postby Isles » Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 pm

Hey Mikeyp I was just curious how big a deal do you think it is that Radnor Crossing isn't within walking distance of the bars? I visited a couple of weeks ago and I really liked Radnor Crossing, but if everyone goes to bars on the other side of the school by Radnor and Rosemont would it end up being a real hassle to meet up with other law students during the weekends and stuff?

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Tue May 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Isles wrote:Hey Mikeyp I was just curious how big a deal do you think it is that Radnor Crossing isn't within walking distance of the bars? I visited a couple of weeks ago and I really liked Radnor Crossing, but if everyone goes to bars on the other side of the school by Radnor and Rosemont would it end up being a real hassle to meet up with other law students during the weekends and stuff?

you'll have no problem meeting people, so i wouldn't worry about that. not being able to walk isn't a huge deal because its close enough that a taxi ride is pretty cheap ($5 to $8). and if you end up hanging out with some people at radnor house, you can park your car there and walk to the bars, and get your car the next day. i'm sure you'll have fun hanging with people at radnor crossing, too. also, the quality of housing is generally nicer at radnor crossing than it is at radnor house.

the downsides to radnor crossing are the fact that the convenience of living at radnor house is unparalleled. literally every bar is walking distance, school is walking distance, and a lot of students live there. its nice not having to drive anywhere before a night out. also, taxis can take awhile sometimes (especially late at night).

its all about what your preferences are. but you can't go wrong with either one.

stayway

Postby stayway » Wed May 05, 2010 2:10 am

mikeyp wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:mikeyp or any other current villanova students,

i don't know too many people at rosemont, but those that live there seem to like it. i think there's a fair amount, but there's a whole lot more at radnor house. my personal opinion is that you should look elsewhere. most people that live at rosemont are not law students; instead its mostly people that live there all the time. so there are not many that open up every year. you can scour craigs list for radnor apartments because its a condo building, so you have to rent through their individual owners (i found mine on craigs list). also, radnor crossing is another popular place, but its just not walking distance to the bars (whereas radnor and rosemont are). if you're looking for a single bedroom at radnor, i know one that is opening up.

thanks mike, how much is the single bedroom at radnor? does it include utilities? when does the lease start? Credible/reliable landlord? Thanks.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed May 05, 2010 2:13 am

[quote="nooyyllib"

thanks mike, how much is the single bedroom at radnor? does it include utilities? when does the lease start? Credible/reliable landlord? Thanks.[/quote]

http://www.law.villanova.edu/Student%20 ... earea.ashx

RADNOR HOUSE* 1 BEDROOM $925 + UTILITIES
1030 E. LANCASTER AVE. 2 BEDROOM $1,150 + UTILITIES
ROSEMONT, PA 19010 3 BEDROOM $1,300 + UTILITIES

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Wed May 05, 2010 10:58 am

beach_terror wrote:[quote="nooyyllib"

thanks mike, how much is the single bedroom at radnor? does it include utilities? when does the lease start? Credible/reliable landlord? Thanks.

http://www.law.villanova.edu/Student%20 ... earea.ashx

RADNOR HOUSE* 1 BEDROOM $925 + UTILITIES
1030 E. LANCASTER AVE. 2 BEDROOM $1,150 + UTILITIES
ROSEMONT, PA 19010 3 BEDROOM $1,300 + UTILITIES[/quote]
those prices are a little higher than what they are, actually. singles are 875 generally, which is what i pay. but it is correct that utilities are not included. leases start at all different times because they're individually owned condos, so as far as credible and reliable landlords, some are better than others.

keemos

Postby keemos » Wed May 05, 2010 2:43 pm

in today by status check

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:38 pm

keemos wrote:in today by status check

Congrats, have any decision on where your going to attend?

Kevin3960

Postby Kevin3960 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Just wondering when class schedules come out? Orientation?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed May 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Just got my email information and all that. I'm trying to create a new password, but the requirements to make one are insanely strict. I'm currently locked out of my account for too many failed attempts lol.

Onion

Postby Onion » Wed May 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Congrats!

Onion

Postby Onion » Wed May 05, 2010 6:54 pm

beach_terror wrote:Just got my email information and all that. I'm trying to create a new password, but the requirements to make one are insanely strict. I'm currently locked out of my account for too many failed attempts lol.

Did you have to make the second deposit to receive that info or it just randomly came today?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed May 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Onion wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Just got my email information and all that. I'm trying to create a new password, but the requirements to make one are insanely strict. I'm currently locked out of my account for too many failed attempts lol.

Did you have to make the second deposit to receive that info or it just randomly came today?

Just randomly came in the mail today. I've only made the first deposit thus far, so I'm sure the information is on the way for everyone else who has deposited.

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Thu May 06, 2010 10:42 am

beach_terror wrote:
Onion wrote:

Just randomly came in the mail today. I've only made the first deposit thus far, so I'm sure the information is on the way for everyone else who has deposited.

the thing you got in the mail after your first deposit, it was an @villanova.edu email address, correct? I believe they send out the @law.villanova.edu email addresses after the second deposit.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu May 06, 2010 10:50 am

mikeyp wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
Onion wrote:

the thing you got in the mail after your first deposit, it was an @villanova.edu email address, correct? I believe they send out the @law.villanova.edu email addresses after the second deposit.

Oh yeah, it's @villanova.edu. After I get the @law.villanova.edu email address, is there any reason to have the first? Having two email addresses for the same school sounds kind of annoying. Hopefully anything important that gets sent to @villanova would also be sent out to @law.villanova.edu
Last edited by beach_terror on Thu May 06, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Thu May 06, 2010 10:59 am

beach_terror wrote:
mikeyp wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Did you have to make the second deposit to receive that info or it just randomly came today?

Oh yeah, it's @villanova.edu. After I get the @law.villanova.edu email address, is there any reason to have the first? Having two email addresses for the same school sounds kind of annoying.[/quote]
haha no you'll never use the @villanova.edu address. i never accessed it after i signed in haha.

keemos

Postby keemos » Thu May 06, 2010 11:08 am

jlnoa0915 wrote:

Congrats, have any decision on where your going to attend?

If I don't get substantial money from nova probably ohio state

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Got my Villanova email also, cant wait for the law.villanova.edu one :-)

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”