Villanova 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
horriblegb

Bronze

Re: Villanova 2013

Post by horriblegb » Fri May 07, 2010 8:36 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:Got my Villanova email also, cant wait for the law.villanova.edu one :-)
i know it is useless, but i want mine :( !

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Wed May 12, 2010 2:37 am

Secured an apartment today, woo, see you in the Fall!

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:06 am

horriblegb wrote:Secured an apartment today, woo, see you in the Fall!
Nice, where at? I'll probably be living in Manayunk myself.

Onion

Bronze

Post by Onion » Wed May 12, 2010 11:21 am

horriblegb wrote:Secured an apartment today, woo, see you in the Fall!
Yeah! congrats... I put a deposit down on a place on Friday as well. Where will you be living?

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Wed May 12, 2010 12:09 pm

radnor crossing and yourself?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Onion

Bronze

Post by Onion » Wed May 12, 2010 12:13 pm

I will be living at Rosemont Plaza.

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Roxborough it is

Onion

Bronze

Post by Onion » Thu May 13, 2010 12:40 pm

Roommate list was just released

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:59 pm

lawbreaker wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:Roxborough it is
Where in Roxborough are you living? I came really close to signing a lease at Summit Park but now I'm most likely living in the Rittenhouse area.
Actually right across the street from there at Woodmere, couldnt beat the area for the price plus all those amenities. (all utl included with no fee, you get all the benefits of Summit Park for cheaper, expect cable tv but I dont want that anyhow.) What made you chose Rittenhouse over Summit?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

56ace

New

Post by 56ace » Sat May 15, 2010 2:08 pm

anybody have any thoughts on living in the Manayunk area. Current students--do you know of many law students living there? do they mind the drive? from what i gather it's about 15 to 20 minutes.

thanks in advance

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Sat May 15, 2010 2:42 pm

Finally got my @villanova.edu email address haha, sent my transcript yesterday as well as second seat deposit and withdrew from my waitlist. Woo! And less than two months until I can leave this stupid town haha and job. Very excited so I had to share!

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:18 pm

56ace wrote:anybody have any thoughts on living in the Manayunk area. Current students--do you know of many law students living there? do they mind the drive? from what i gather it's about 15 to 20 minutes.

thanks in advance
Cant speak to it yet, but will be living in that area with my girlfriend and couldn't be happier. I like that I'll have space to unwind after school.

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Sun May 16, 2010 3:01 am

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:07 pm

lawbreaker wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:
lawbreaker wrote:
jlnoa0915 wrote:Roxborough it is
Where in Roxborough are you living? I came really close to signing a lease at Summit Park but now I'm most likely living in the Rittenhouse area.
Actually right across the street from there at Woodmere, couldnt beat the area for the price plus all those amenities. (all utl included with no fee, you get all the benefits of Summit Park for cheaper, expect cable tv but I dont want that anyhow.) What made you chose Rittenhouse over Summit?
Well we actually just found an awesome apartment in Center City with a parking garage so we're signing a lease there this week. I'm living with my fiance next year who currently lives at Summit. It's really nice with lots of amenities but living in the city is much more convenient for him and we thought it might be more fun. I plan on driving to school but I am within walking distance of a train which will be nice when the weather is bad. You'll have fun at Woodmere though. There are a ton of Temple Dental students living there and I'd imagine other grad students as well. When are you moving in?
Thanks, sounds like you'll be having fun in the city also. We're moving in at the beginning of August.

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Sat May 22, 2010 5:57 pm

So I've deposited at villnova and I'm trying to figure out what to do housingwise. I think I want to live in Philly since I've spent the past 10 years of my life in cities (Boston and NYC) and I can't really imagine adjusting back to suburban life. Also, I don't own a car so I'd rather have the convenience of city (public) transportation. In terms of city living, does anyone know what areas of Philly would possess the best combination of accessibility to the R5 line (presumably 30th street station) as well as affordability on a student budget? I'm thinking university city but I'd appreciate feedback from anyone familiar with philly.

Also, I'm not going to be able to commit to a lease until later in the summer because I'm riding waitlists elsewhere. Anyone know how the turnover process works w Philly apts?
Last edited by bceagles182 on Sun May 23, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Sun May 23, 2010 11:47 am

bceagles182 wrote:So I've deposited at villnova and I'm trying to figure out what to do housingwise. I think I want to live in Philly since I've spent the past 10 years of my life in cities (Boston and NYC) and I can't really imagine adjusting back to suburban life. Also, I don't own a car so I'd rather have the convienience of city (public) transportation. In terms of city living, does anyone know what areas of Philly would possess the best combination of accessibility to the R5 line (presumably 30th street station) as well as affordibility on a student budget. I'm thinking university city but I'd appreciate feedback from anyone familiar with philly.

Also, I'm not going to be able to commit to a lease until later in the summer because I'm riding waitlists elsewhere. Anyone know how the turnover process works w Philly apts?
apartments come and go quickly. you shouldn't have a problem finding one. also, you should be able to access the R5 pretty easily from most places in philly. but keep in mind that philly is a hell of a lot more expensive to live in than near villanova, and that the train runs late/off-schedule more often than not.

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Sun May 23, 2010 6:25 pm

mikeyp wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:So I've deposited at villnova and I'm trying to figure out what to do housingwise. I think I want to live in Philly since I've spent the past 10 years of my life in cities (Boston and NYC) and I can't really imagine adjusting back to suburban life. Also, I don't own a car so I'd rather have the convienience of city (public) transportation. In terms of city living, does anyone know what areas of Philly would possess the best combination of accessibility to the R5 line (presumably 30th street station) as well as affordibility on a student budget. I'm thinking university city but I'd appreciate feedback from anyone familiar with philly.

apartments come and go quickly. you shouldn't have a problem finding one. also, you should be able to access the R5 pretty easily from most places in philly. but keep in mind that philly is a hell of a lot more expensive to live in than near villanova, and that the train runs late/off-schedule more often than not.
My understanding is that generally speaking University City = cheaper than Center City, right?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Sun May 23, 2010 11:52 pm

OK, so I still haven't locked down an apt yet because of my waitlist situation at other schools. Am I screwing myself over because of this? How "easy" is it to find a nice place to live close to Villanova around July or early August (around the 5th)?

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:52 pm

nooyyllib wrote:OK, so I still haven't locked down an apt yet because of my waitlist situation at other schools. Am I screwing myself over because of this? How "easy" is it to find a nice place to live close to Villanova around July or early August (around the 5th)?
Good to know that I'm not alone in this although I do feel like it's probably easier to wait for a place in the city than it is to wait near Villanova (since there are many more apts in the city).

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Mon May 24, 2010 5:33 pm

nooyyllib wrote:OK, so I still haven't locked down an apt yet because of my waitlist situation at other schools. Am I screwing myself over because of this? How "easy" is it to find a nice place to live close to Villanova around July or early August (around the 5th)?
There are SO many places to live around Villanova, you should be able to find somewhere to live (although your options will be more limited).

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Mon May 24, 2010 5:34 pm

bceagles182 wrote:
mikeyp wrote:

My understanding is that generally speaking University City = cheaper than Center City, right?
I would assume so, but personally I don't know.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jkh

New

Post by jkh » Tue May 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Hey Mikeyp, what exactly does the mandatory orientation right before classes begin consist of?

mikeyp

Bronze

Post by mikeyp » Wed May 26, 2010 2:51 pm

jkh wrote:Hey Mikeyp, what exactly does the mandatory orientation right before classes begin consist of?
there's a lot of talking, but also they describe the facilities, and even more importantly, one of the days they do a mock class and they go over proper ways of briefing cases. last year they also showed a clip from the "diversity day" episode of the office :)

IAmNietzche

New

Post by IAmNietzche » Wed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Glad I found this place. Sent in my deposit and am all set to attend Nova in the fall. I'll be moving home (from Boston) for at least the first semester. Congratulations to all of you who've decided to attend and I'll see you in late August.

IAmNietzche

New

Post by IAmNietzche » Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Don't want to take this too far from housing questions (cause I know alot of you are wondering about that), but for current Nova students, what's the student body like? Is there alot of competition between students or is it a more laid back atmosphere?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”