GW Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
Chowder
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Chowder » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Image

User avatar
mi-chan17
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:55 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby mi-chan17 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:24 pm

See, I feel like I would've noticed that dude in the halls. ;)

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Teoeo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:15 am

Chowder wrote:Image


LOL, that guy is SUCH a douche

Aston2412
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Aston2412 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:08 pm

I like to occasionally offer answers in class but I try to keep my naturally cocky demeanor toned down when answering in class.

I've given my friends specific orders to let me know if I ever transition from engaged student to gunner.

Section 11 FTR.

ATR
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby ATR » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:32 am

Hey guys, I'm considering applying ED to GW. For those of you who did, could you please tell me your GPA/LSAT and whether or not you were accepted ED or RD? I would really appreciate it!

User avatar
mi-chan17
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:55 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby mi-chan17 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:08 pm

First off, sorry Atresia - I don't actually know anyone who's here on the ED scholarship. If I hear of anyone, I'll PM you..

AND...

Bam. We finished a semester of classes! Congrats everyone, and happy studying!

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Teoeo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:54 pm

mi-chan17 wrote:
Bam. We finished a semester of classes! Congrats everyone, and unhappy studying!


FTFY =D

rejectmaster
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby rejectmaster » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:04 am

memo 2 defecated all over my chest and face with enthusiasm

wow did that suck

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby dudders » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:06 pm

anyone know when we should expect grades? I've heard that the records office holds them until ALL 1L grades are ready, and CDO said we "should" have grades by PSRP (Jan. 29). Anyone have any insight?

User avatar
ApexChaser
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:10 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby ApexChaser » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:15 pm

My prof said 3 grades need to be submitted. They have a "hard" deadline in late January that is really more of a soft deadline, especially if one is a dean.

Eco
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Eco » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:04 am

Getting grades by Jan. 29th would be nice. Turley (section 11) said he never misses the deadline.

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby dudders » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Eco wrote:Getting grades by Jan. 29th would be nice. Turley (section 11) said he never misses the deadline.


Yeah. Then Dean Maggs said everyone but Turley meets the deadline.

Eco
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Eco » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Yeah lol that was funny. Just a joke though I'm sure Turley won't be late.

Lawless25
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:30 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Lawless25 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:29 pm

How many employers usually come for On Campus Interviews?

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby dudders » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Last year's OCI had 150 employers come interview, about 100 each for OCI resume collection and FRP Direct Write. Didn't catch any numbers for how many they expect to participate in regional programs (NY, Philly, Hotlanta, Texas, LA, San Fran, Chicago).

If you mean 1L OCI, PSRP had 73 interviewing, 74 for resume collection, and Small/Medium Program had 15 interviewing and 18 resume collecting (but those reflect only those jobs open to 1Ls, I can't see the rest in Symplicity ...).

TheRedPanda
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby TheRedPanda » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:05 pm

I'm preparing for the LSAT and GW is one of my top choices. However, since the NY Times article on merit scholarships came out, I heard some rumors that GW places a lot of merit scholarship recipients in the same section, thereby making it harder for them to reach the 3.0 average. What are your opinions on this?

ps. sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this..

User avatar
mi-chan17
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:55 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby mi-chan17 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:00 pm

TheRedPanda wrote:I'm preparing for the LSAT and GW is one of my top choices. However, since the NY Times article on merit scholarships came out, I heard some rumors that GW places a lot of merit scholarship recipients in the same section, thereby making it harder for them to reach the 3.0 average. What are your opinions on this?

ps. sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this..


To my knowledge, our sections weren't stacked in the way you describe. That being said, I didn't really go around asking random people if they were at GW on scholarship.

Regardless, the 3.0 requirement for retaining one's scholarship is below median. In fact, approximately 70% of the class has a 3.0 or above. So, yeah, the requirement is a little intimidating but it's really just requiring that you don't end up in the bottom third of your class.

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby dudders » Wed May 04, 2011 10:46 pm

mi-chan17 wrote:
TheRedPanda wrote:I'm preparing for the LSAT and GW is one of my top choices. However, since the NY Times article on merit scholarships came out, I heard some rumors that GW places a lot of merit scholarship recipients in the same section, thereby making it harder for them to reach the 3.0 average. What are your opinions on this?

ps. sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this..


To my knowledge, our sections weren't stacked in the way you describe. That being said, I didn't really go around asking random people if they were at GW on scholarship.


Yep.

Aston2412
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Aston2412 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:03 pm

After polling other Section 11 classmates I might get on board with the idea of putting certain applicants in certain sections. I haven't talked to anyone who had a GPA below 3.8. Whether or not this speaks to merit scholarship recipients specifically I can't attest to, I for one, am not on one and do not know with any specificity any of my section-mates who are.

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby dudders » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:17 am

Aston2412 wrote:After polling other Section 11 classmates I might get on board with the idea of putting certain applicants in certain sections. I haven't talked to anyone who had a GPA below 3.8. Whether or not this speaks to merit scholarship recipients specifically I can't attest to, I for one, am not on one and do not know with any specificity any of my section-mates who are.


Section 11er with a uGPA below 3.4 here. At least half of my friends in the section also allude to having to redeem themselves with a high LSAT.

User avatar
Chowder
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Chowder » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:53 am

Hey, lot! Anyone up for doing something once/right before classes start? Happy hour, coffee, something. I want to get to know my fellow classmates better since I was atrociously antisocial last year.

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby dudders » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 pm

anyone have secret knowledge on where the 35% mark fell this semester?

Aston2412
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Aston2412 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:24 pm

So now that grades are all finalized, does anyone have information on what the median was? Also what were the 35% and 10% cut-offs?

I'd heard 3.2 on the median but that is all unofficial of course.

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby dudders » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:09 pm

CDO doesn't know, but my counselor told me that based on resumes she's seen, there are Thurgood Marshalls ranging from 3.4x's to 3.6x's. That's about as informative as anything I've seen.

User avatar
TheFutureLawyer
Posts: 3881
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:36 pm

nm




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest