GW Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
ApexChaser

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby ApexChaser » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:55 pm

ryguy wrote:
td6624 wrote:
ryguy wrote:
morg1693 wrote:i really like trader joe's way more than safeway

Trader Joes is better.

Yesterday was the first time I'd ever been in one. It is pretty awesome.

Any fresh cold cuts?

Packaged only. Still, it's the best local option you have unless you do delivery.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:26 pm

ApexChaser wrote:
ryguy wrote:
td6624 wrote:
ryguy wrote:Trader Joes is better.

Yesterday was the first time I'd ever been in one. It is pretty awesome.

Any fresh cold cuts?

Packaged only. Still, it's the best local option you have unless you do delivery.

Delivery = Safeco... safeway? whatever. that's local.

Trader joes is like wegmans without the staples, and with crappy produce.

ApexChaser

Postby ApexChaser » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:42 pm

sibley wrote:
Delivery = Safeco... safeway? whatever. that's local.

Trader joes is like wegmans without the staples, and with crappy produce.

I actually had to google what Wegmans was. :P The turn-off for me with delivery is the $7 bucks they tack on as I usually only buy $20 worth of stuff at a time. I have an issue with forgetting things in the fridge if I stock up at once.

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Completed immunizations, got full approval on my grad PLUS today, have a place to live, flight booked, transcript received...am I forgetting anything?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Aston2412 wrote:Completed immunizations, got full approval on my grad PLUS today, have a place to live, flight booked, transcript received...am I forgetting anything?

Question about the grad plus thing... I ASSUME I'm all set because I got a letter from someone official saying they'd be giving the school my money. But I keep getting emails from GW telling me to make sure I've done everything. And on the ed site it still has entrance counseling up. Am I actually ok?

ApexChaser

Postby ApexChaser » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:26 pm

sibley wrote:
Aston2412 wrote:Completed immunizations, got full approval on my grad PLUS today, have a place to live, flight booked, transcript received...am I forgetting anything?

Question about the grad plus thing... I ASSUME I'm all set because I got a letter from someone official saying they'd be giving the school my money. But I keep getting emails from GW telling me to make sure I've done everything. And on the ed site it still has entrance counseling up. Am I actually ok?

The entrance counseling should be okay. I completed mine in March and it only cleared on Gweb yesterday. Previously, I called around but it didn't seem to aid processing time. You could try asking your aid counselor to contact the university representative to manually update Gweb (this is what studentloans told me to do).

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:08 pm

ApexChaser wrote:
sibley wrote:

The entrance counseling should be okay. I completed mine in March and it only cleared on Gweb yesterday. Previously, I called around but it didn't seem to aid processing time. You could try asking your aid counselor to contact the university representative to manually update Gweb (this is what studentloans told me to do).

My gw financial stuff doesn't seem to be lacking, it's the federal site that keeps mentioning entrance counseling =/

ps. again freaking out about being below average.

rejectmaster

Postby rejectmaster » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:59 am

What is entrance counselling? A government employee talks to you about financial responsibility?

was anyone here for the ridiculous storm this morning?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:04 am

I'm kinda jealous you guys are there already. I like storms. And my apartment STINKS. And the wall is falling down. I wouldn't pay rent if I owed any at this point.

Entrance counseling is required for govt loans.

td6624

Postby td6624 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:10 am

rejectmaster wrote:What is entrance counselling? A government employee talks to you about financial responsibility?

I think it's just reading some stuff and answering some questions. At least, I hope that's what it is. ha!

And I must have slept through the storm...

Eco

Postby Eco » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:10 am

Yeah I woke up this morning and thought a truck was smashing through my building or something lol. The storm was pretty awesome though, we need more its been too hot.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:15 am

td6624 wrote:
rejectmaster wrote:What is entrance counselling? A government employee talks to you about financial responsibility?

I think it's just reading some stuff and answering some questions. At least, I hope that's what it is. ha!

It's just on the govt website, it's like in ug...

Eco wrote:Yeah I woke up this morning and thought a truck was smashing through my building or something lol. The storm was pretty awesome though, we need more its been too hot.

I hope it does a little to improve the humidity. I move in on Saturday. Anyone else living in the Letterman House?

rejectmaster

Postby rejectmaster » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:48 am

sibley wrote:
td6624 wrote:

It's just on the govt website, it's like in ug...

Eco wrote:Yeah I woke up this morning and thought a truck was smashing through my building or something lol. The storm was pretty awesome though, we need more its been too hot.

I hope it does a little to improve the humidity. I move in on Saturday. Anyone else living in the Letterman House?

I'm a block away in the Jefferson House. Let me know if you need help moving.

rejectmaster

Postby rejectmaster » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:49 am

Also I live next to a 7-11 so if anyone wants to loiter in front of it like in "Clerks" I'd be happy to do that.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:58 am

rejectmaster wrote:Also I live next to a 7-11 so if anyone wants to loiter in front of it like in "Clerks" I'd be happy to do that.

Oh yeah I know where that is! Stupid google thinks there's gas there. There is not.

Moving help: I hired movers. I hope they show up. If not I'm going to sue their asses. And come whining to you.

P.O.E. Racing

Postby P.O.E. Racing » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:27 pm

sibley wrote:
50 bucks??? Why! At my undergrad it was 35 and at GW it's 25. We should have POE go at the same time as us so we can strategically place our boxes. I also need some floating shelves and a magnetic knife strip thing. I have 3 homeless pairing knives that I use quite frequently.

Also, POE... congrats =) Jealous of your idyllic cross-country move and the fact that your SO is coming with you.

The move turned out quite idyllic :) We came through California, Nevada, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin (Mom's family has a dairy farm there), Got a little lost in downtown Chicago (towing a trailer through traffic!), saw a buddy in Detroit, then Pennsylvania, Virginia, DC. We took all county roads across Wisconsin and Iowa, AMAZING country. We got a little sidetracked/lost in southern Penn (also AMAZING). 4000 miles later and all of our stuff made it in one piece!

The apartment is mostly unpacked, still a bit of chaos but should be done today. The thunderstorm this morning was AWESOME from the 10th floor here at Columbia Plaza. We can see the Capitol dome from our balcony and part of the law school :)

I am down to meet up on Saturday with anyone planning on going out. Then Sunday or any day next week I can help out if anyone wants to do furniture trips and save you the truck rental...

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:49 pm

P.O.E. Racing wrote:I am down to meet up on Saturday with anyone planning on going out. Then Sunday or any day next week I can help out if anyone wants to do furniture trips and save you the truck rental...

I want to go to Ikea in Virginia, but it's 25 minutes away...

P.O.E. Racing

Postby P.O.E. Racing » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:17 pm

sibley wrote:
P.O.E. Racing wrote:I am down to meet up on Saturday with anyone planning on going out. Then Sunday or any day next week I can help out if anyone wants to do furniture trips and save you the truck rental...

No problem:)
I LOVE driving and am looking forward to exploring around here anyway!
Plus we need bookshelves, nightstands, and a dining table/chair set.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:24 pm

P.O.E. Racing wrote:
sibley wrote:

No problem:)
I LOVE driving and am looking forward to exploring around here anyway!
Plus we need bookshelves, nightstands, and a dining table/chair set.

=) That'd actually be really great. We could just drive separately to make sure there's enough seats. We were going to drive there, buy everything, then drive back and get a zip car to pick it all up in. I haven't been to ikea since this one time in Austria and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm definitely getting a galant desk, and probably a chair. and a few other things... well, many other things. but small things.

I'm trying to decide what to name my network. It needs to be something good. Someone in my building has one called FatGabbys. Mine needs to be even better than that. Like maybe Lawlskool. But not, because that's not my style. Maybe I'll call it Beatrice.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Still not registered for courses.

cranberrie

Postby cranberrie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm registered now - Section 11. Do I trust this and start buying my books?

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:35 pm

sibley wrote:Still not registered for courses.

Same here.

dood

Postby dood » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Last edited by dood on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:49 pm

cranberrie wrote:I'm registered now - Section 11. Do I trust this and start buying my books?

jealous. checking again. still no.
unfair.

promising though?
cranberrie, my old boss went to byu for law school. probably ug too but I'm not sure.

also, I'd buy books now. if all else fails just return/resell.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:52 pm

cranberrie wrote:I'm registered now - Section 11. Do I trust this and start buying my books?

Where did you find this information? I'd like to check as well.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”