GW Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby GermX » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:25 pm

Probably sometime soon.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:35 pm

umichgrad wrote:Anyone have any idea when we will get schedules, section assignments, book lists, etc?

Orientation, I believe.

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Always Credited » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:43 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
umichgrad wrote:Anyone have any idea when we will get schedules, section assignments, book lists, etc?

Orientation, I believe.


Yup.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby ryguy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:05 pm

sibley wrote:Yeah Germy that's a nice price. I also decided to pick easy access over cost/amenities. At least for the first year.

I hope we have our money by Sept 1 (rent, you know...) and we should. They're supposed to be disbursing it shortly after the start of classes.

They issue a check and mail it to you. You need to allow time for snail mail and for it to clear at your bank.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby sibley » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Did you guys submit your immunization records yet? I got my records sent to me but do I really have to go to a doctor and have them fill out that form? Has anyone found out if it's ok to just send in the record directly?

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:52 pm

sibley wrote:Did you guys submit your immunization records yet? I got my records sent to me but do I really have to go to a doctor and have them fill out that form? Has anyone found out if it's ok to just send in the record directly?

Dunno, I asked my doctor to fill it out for me. I got word from GW today through e-mail that everything was in order.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby ryguy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Doctor filled it out, and signed it and I faxed and mailed it.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby sibley » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:43 pm

My undergrad is where all my records are. They wouldn't fill out the form but instead mailed me their document which has all the necessary information (I compared)... do you guys know the best person to email about it? I guess I'll just contact the dean- I couldn't find any links on the health services site...

Aston2412
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Aston2412 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:32 am

Haven't gotten my immunizatino records yet either. Don't have a doctor or access to any former doctor that might have them. I'll be at my UG on Friday so I thought I'd look into it then.

Is there anything I've forgotten to send them that I need to (my transcript should be in transit or already there)?

User avatar
ApexChaser
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:10 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby ApexChaser » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:27 am

sibley wrote:My undergrad is where all my records are. They wouldn't fill out the form but instead mailed me their document which has all the necessary information (I compared)... do you guys know the best person to email about it? I guess I'll just contact the dean- I couldn't find any links on the health services site...


You can fill-out the form yourself sans signature and fax both the form and records document. At least, that was the written policy from the SHS website.

Also, this is the contact info I got from a health services' email:
immunreq@gwu.edu "***Please provide GWID with all email replies***"
phone: (202) 994-6827, ext. 2
fax: (202) 973-1572

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Teoeo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:12 am

Hey, are any of you guys gonna live in HOVA? It doesnt look bad, I might live there next year :)

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Teoeo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:18 am

Hrm, I wonder if the law school has mixers with the med school - it would be cool to socialize with some NON lawyers xD

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby sibley » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 am

Teoeo wrote:Hey, are any of you guys gonna live in HOVA? It doesnt look bad, I might live there next year :)


Why would you want to live in a dorm again?

As for mixers...I mean does the school have sponsored friday evening events or something? If they have anything for just us then it's likely...

Thanks for the info Apex.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby GermX » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Did you guys submit your immunization records yet? I got my records sent to me but do I really have to go to a doctor and have them fill out that form? Has anyone found out if it's ok to just send in the record directly?


I sent it in directly and they accepted it, no need to fill out the form.

rejectmaster
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby rejectmaster » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Teoeo wrote:Hrm, I wonder if the law school has mixers with the med school - it would be cool to socialize with some NON lawyers xD


none of us are lawyers/know much about law

anyone entering law school who thinks otherwise is probably a major douchechomper

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby sibley » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:05 pm

rejectmaster wrote:
Teoeo wrote:Hrm, I wonder if the law school has mixers with the med school - it would be cool to socialize with some NON lawyers xD


none of us are lawyers/know much about law

anyone entering law school who thinks otherwise is probably a major douchechomper


It was pretty clear what Teoeo meant by this post. Being an ass about it doesn't make it any more or less clear.
And some of us know a fair amount due to paralegal positions or 1L classes offered to undergrads.

User avatar
ApexChaser
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:10 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby ApexChaser » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:16 pm

sibley wrote:Sooooo zip car carpool to ikea? Anyone??


Just noticed this, so down! $20 bookcases for the win! :D

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby sibley » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:44 pm

ApexChaser wrote:
sibley wrote:Sooooo zip car carpool to ikea? Anyone??


Just noticed this, so down! $20 bookcases for the win! :D

We'll take the Matrix or whatever they have large enough =P


Do you guys know about the Public Interest pre-orientation?
I want to know what these two things are:
DC Superior Court
30 minute welcome
2 hours to visit courtrooms

Office of Administrative Hearings
Old Council Chambers, 441 Fourth Street, NW, 1st floor
Ann Yahner, Principal Administrative Law Judge

What are we doing in the courtrooms, exactly? And what are we doing with Ann Yahner, exactly?

It's 2 extra days with my SO or pre-orientation so I want all the details.

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby umichgrad » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:53 am

Always Credited wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
umichgrad wrote:Anyone have any idea when we will get schedules, section assignments, book lists, etc?

Orientation, I believe.


Yup.



So, we get our book lists, what, four business days before classes begin? Am I missing something?

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Always Credited » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:57 am

umichgrad wrote:
Always Credited wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
umichgrad wrote:Anyone have any idea when we will get schedules, section assignments, book lists, etc?

Orientation, I believe.


Yup.



So, we get our book lists, what, four business days before classes begin? Am I missing something?


Nope, that's dead on. Remember, they like when students pay full price for shit at the bookstore; this is how they make it easier for you to do just that.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby sibley » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:59 am

Always Credited wrote:
umichgrad wrote:
Always Credited wrote:
Yup.



So, we get our book lists, what, four business days before classes begin? Am I missing something?


Nope, that's dead on. Remember, they like when students pay full price for shit at the bookstore; this is how they make it easier for you to do just that.



Question about that. I know their book store isn't barnes and noble, so what's the return policy? I had it down to a science in undergrad. buy all the used books from the bookstore, use them til the online books come, return them. we had a month to return due to extended opportunities to switch classes. freshmen had longer, luckies.

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Always Credited » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:03 am

sibley wrote:
Always Credited wrote:
umichgrad wrote:
Always Credited wrote:
Yup.



So, we get our book lists, what, four business days before classes begin? Am I missing something?


Nope, that's dead on. Remember, they like when students pay full price for shit at the bookstore; this is how they make it easier for you to do just that.



Question about that. I know their book store isn't barnes and noble, so what's the return policy? I had it down to a science in undergrad. buy all the used books from the bookstore, use them til the online books come, return them. we had a month to return due to extended opportunities to switch classes. freshmen had longer, luckies.


No idea as to the return policy, but I'd imagine they have something in place to prevent (or limit) exactly what you've just described...maybe partial refunds, or no refunds at all beyond a week? Who knows, maybe they just let us run amok through there for a month or longer.

I suppose it helps their position that our classes are entirely fixed for the first year, so they've pretty much got us by the balls on everything.

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Teoeo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:11 am

sibley wrote:
ApexChaser wrote:
sibley wrote:Sooooo zip car carpool to ikea? Anyone??


Just noticed this, so down! $20 bookcases for the win! :D

We'll take the Matrix or whatever they have large enough =P


Do you guys know about the Public Interest pre-orientation?
I want to know what these two things are:
DC Superior Court
30 minute welcome
2 hours to visit courtrooms

Office of Administrative Hearings
Old Council Chambers, 441 Fourth Street, NW, 1st floor
Ann Yahner, Principal Administrative Law Judge

What are we doing in the courtrooms, exactly? And what are we doing with Ann Yahner, exactly?

It's 2 extra days with my SO or pre-orientation so I want all the details.


I am guessing the major purpose of the pre-orientation is for us to meet other like-minded students at GW. In your case, I'd probably guess that staying with your SO is more important =)

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby Teoeo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:13 am

rejectmaster wrote:
Teoeo wrote:Hrm, I wonder if the law school has mixers with the med school - it would be cool to socialize with some NON lawyers xD


none of us are lawyers/know much about law

anyone entering law school who thinks otherwise is probably a major douchechomper



Sorry friend, I substitute 1Ls + 2Ls + 3Ls + Law Professors for "Lawyers."

rejectmaster
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: GW Class of 2013

Postby rejectmaster » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:13 am

didn't mean to be an anus!! just nervous..




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest