GW Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
zenithtonadir

New

Re: GW Class of 2013

Post by zenithtonadir » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:01 pm

td6624 wrote:I've pretty much decided that the only thing that would make me not attend GW is an unlikely acceptance from Berkeley, and even then, it would be a tough choice.

So who's gonna be at GW? We should all get to know each other or something.
+1. Those are my sentiments exactly (for both Berkeley and getting acquainted).

So...Hi?

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:24 pm

I just emailed GW this morning about recovering my username/password for the admitted students site, since I can't for the life of me remember it. Six hours later, I receive a form letter response instructing me on how to create a username and pasword using my LSAC number, to which I replied and reiterated that I already had one, could not create another one, and needed to know what the original was. The girl then emailed me back and said she forwarded my message to the IT dept., who would be in touch. Anyway, its not a big deal, but the moral of this story is...has it never happened in the history of GWU law that a password was forgotten?? They need to CC the IT dept??

ANYWAY. Anyone given thought to accepted students day? I'm thinking I wanna go...I'm 99.7% sure that I'm going to GW next year, even though I'll probably have to sell my first child into an illegal international prostitution ring to pay off my loans.

scarletbegonias

New

Post by scarletbegonias » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:03 pm

jk11287 wrote:I'm 99.7% sure that I'm going to GW next year, even though I'll probably have to sell my first child into an illegal international prostitution ring to pay off my loans.
+1

and i'm also planning on attending ASW! love how they say will will reimburse you $150 for travel expenses IF you end up putting down your seat deposit. tricky, GW, tricky.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:21 pm

I have 1/4 of 1 foot in this thread, GW I like you, and I love DC ... but paying sticker here makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry.

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:20 pm

can anyone tell me their user name for the admitted students site, so i can try to figure out how to guess mine? I mean i don't need to know your exact thing, but like, is it email address? initials and lsac account number? etc..thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 pm

missvik218 wrote:I have 1/4 of 1 foot in this thread, GW I like you, and I love DC ... but paying sticker here makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry.
+1 :|

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:42 pm

jk11287 wrote:can anyone tell me their user name for the admitted students site, so i can try to figure out how to guess mine? I mean i don't need to know your exact thing, but like, is it email address? initials and lsac account number? etc..thanks.
Yes, that would be a great help. I thought mine was first initial, full last name, but now I have lost it. Anyone care to share?

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 pm

ccs224 wrote:
jk11287 wrote:can anyone tell me their user name for the admitted students site, so i can try to figure out how to guess mine? I mean i don't need to know your exact thing, but like, is it email address? initials and lsac account number? etc..thanks.
Yes, that would be a great help. I thought mine was first initial, full last name, but now I have lost it. Anyone care to share?
that's what my user name is. perhaps you forgot the password? they had trickier requirements so i couldn't use my go-to password. hopefully i don't forget what it is.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:02 pm

td6624 wrote:
ccs224 wrote:
that's what my user name is. perhaps you forgot the password? they had trickier requirements so i couldn't use my go-to password. hopefully i don't forget what it is.
Yeah, got it after a few tries. Also, anyone else excited that they're now opening up their computer requirements to macs? I am.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawschoolftw

Bronze

Post by lawschoolftw » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:08 pm

scarletbegonias wrote:
jk11287 wrote:I'm 99.7% sure that I'm going to GW next year, even though I'll probably have to sell my first child into an illegal international prostitution ring to pay off my loans.
+1

and i'm also planning on attending ASW! love how they say will will reimburse you $150 for travel expenses IF you end up putting down your seat deposit. tricky, GW, tricky.
Did you see this on the admitted students site??

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 pm

ccs224 wrote: Yeah, got it after a few tries. Also, anyone else excited that they're now opening up their computer requirements to macs? I am.
buh, i'm not sure what to think. I have a macbook with a full HD that's four years old. I would like to get a new computer... but it doesn't make a whole lot of financial sense at this point. But being on a crippled mac when PCs are recommended probably isn't that fun. I could just clear out a ton of space I guess. Bah. Stupid computers.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:55 pm

td6624 wrote:
ccs224 wrote: Yeah, got it after a few tries. Also, anyone else excited that they're now opening up their computer requirements to macs? I am.
buh, i'm not sure what to think. I have a macbook with a full HD that's four years old. I would like to get a new computer... but it doesn't make a whole lot of financial sense at this point. But being on a crippled mac when PCs are recommended probably isn't that fun. I could just clear out a ton of space I guess. Bah. Stupid computers.
Well, if all that's holding you back is a lack of space, you could just get an external HD and transfer everything. It wouldn't be nearly as expensive as a new computer of any kind.

I'm a little worried about problems that might come up using a mac, but, honestly, if I'm going to throw a bunch of money into a new computer, I want it to be one that I actually want...

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:28 pm

ccs224 wrote:
td6624 wrote:
Well, if all that's holding you back is a lack of space, you could just get an external HD and transfer everything. It wouldn't be nearly as expensive as a new computer of any kind.

I'm a little worried about problems that might come up using a mac, but, honestly, if I'm going to throw a bunch of money into a new computer, I want it to be one that I actually want...
yeah i know but the plastic is chipping off all over it too. and the camera doesn't work. but that is probably what i'll end up doing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:30 am

YESSSS I got into the site everyone thank you for your help!

I am also getting a new Mac, I had an old macbook that I ruined by spilling tea all over it, so I'm excited for the excuse to get a new one; I replaced the original with a 2k Dell that SUCKS, I will never buy another PC again. I honestly don't anticipate having that many problems. Everyone who is using a new Mac can run Windows, anyway, and I think a lot of old ones can run boot camp and stuff anyway.

I think I'm putting my deposit down officially today. I'm so pumped. I was waiting to hear from Fordham and I found out they want more info from me, at which point I realized: a.) I don't want to go to Fordham, and b.) GW is a better school anyway. Anyone else officially attending?

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:49 am

jk11287 wrote:YESSSS I got into the site everyone thank you for your help!

I am also getting a new Mac, I had an old macbook that I ruined by spilling tea all over it, so I'm excited for the excuse to get a new one; I replaced the original with a 2k Dell that SUCKS, I will never buy another PC again. I honestly don't anticipate having that many problems. Everyone who is using a new Mac can run Windows, anyway, and I think a lot of old ones can run boot camp and stuff anyway.

I think I'm putting my deposit down officially today. I'm so pumped. I was waiting to hear from Fordham and I found out they want more info from me, at which point I realized: a.) I don't want to go to Fordham, and b.) GW is a better school anyway. Anyone else officially attending?
I'm secretly waiting to see if I can squeeze some money out of them by March, but yeah, I'm attending. Barring some crazy acceptance off a waitlist, that is. Excited!!

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:37 pm

I'm about 80% sure. That's pretty close! Getting kind of excited....

muggie

New

Post by muggie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm right there with you! I never have been, and probably never will be, sooo excited to fork over $1500. :mrgreen:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Yay! Has anyone given any thought to where they might like to live? I'm thinking about maybe Alexandria. My fiance and I are kind of priced out of living anywhere in the good parts of DC, so we figured we might try to buy a small condo there...it actually works out to being cheaper than renting in Foggy Bottom or Georgetown or DuPont or anything like that. I don't watn to feel too isolated though...I'm hoping they'll be other people livnig in Northern VA too.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:21 pm

jk11287 wrote:Yay! Has anyone given any thought to where they might like to live? I'm thinking about maybe Alexandria. My fiance and I are kind of priced out of living anywhere in the good parts of DC, so we figured we might try to buy a small condo there...it actually works out to being cheaper than renting in Foggy Bottom or Georgetown or DuPont or anything like that. I don't watn to feel too isolated though...I'm hoping they'll be other people livnig in Northern VA too.
I've spent a good deal of time in Alexandria, I have family who lives there. It's a great place to live, IMHO and if I go to GW I'll be looking to live out there myself. :D

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Veritas wrote:
jk11287 wrote:Yay! Has anyone given any thought to where they might like to live? I'm thinking about maybe Alexandria. My fiance and I are kind of priced out of living anywhere in the good parts of DC, so we figured we might try to buy a small condo there...it actually works out to being cheaper than renting in Foggy Bottom or Georgetown or DuPont or anything like that. I don't watn to feel too isolated though...I'm hoping they'll be other people livnig in Northern VA too.
I've spent a good deal of time in Alexandria, I have family who lives there. It's a great place to live, IMHO and if I go to GW I'll be looking to live out there myself. :D
Study group!! haha

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 pm

jk11287 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Study group!! haha
YES! now if I can just convince them to give me some money!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:45 pm

Arlington FTW.

Damn it GW, accept me from the waitlist already. I'll pay sticker.

jk11287

Bronze

Post by jk11287 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:34 pm

So if I put my deposit down now and then go to ASD, does that mean I won't get reimbursed my travel expenses?

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Berkeley ding brings me thismuch closer to going ahead and sending in the deposit...

It would feel nice to be done with all of this application cycle nonsense.

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 am

td6624 wrote:Berkeley ding brings me thismuch closer to going ahead and sending in the deposit...

It would feel nice to be done with all of this application cycle nonsense.
Tell me about it. GW is basically top of my list of the schools I've been admitted to at this point, and frankly I would rather go ahead and withdraw at schools like WUSTL and Vandy, but they haven't sent out scholarship info yet, so I'm left waiting to see if they can win my heart. Same goes for BC/BU. Let's not even talk about the schools waiting to reject me...

Oi. If only we could give schools deadlines for getting back to us.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”