Boston University Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
deliverance
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Boston University Class of 2013

Postby deliverance » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Hey guys,

I was admitted into BU this year (164, 3.86, good softs, top 3 undergrad), and my application to Georgetown was "postponed" until January.

Who else has been admitted? What type of merit aid can I expect to receive, if any? Do I have a chance at any other schools I have applied to? (harvard, stanford, nyu, berkeley, chicago, duke, uva, ucla, usc, vanderbilt)

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby englawyer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:19 pm

you have an outside chance at ucla, usc, and vanderbilt. the others are going to be pretty tough. you may also want to check out fordham if your goal is nyc biglaw.. they are pretty strong recruiting wise and your numbers are in their range.

deliverance
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby deliverance » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:26 pm

and what if I receive a 168 on my december retake?

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby englawyer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:41 pm

things are looking better:

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

you would become consider at many of the lower T14 and even strong consider at michigan/duke. probably in at usc/ucla/vanderbilt

SaraT
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby SaraT » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:12 pm

hey everyone! in 12/4...has anyone started to look at housing?

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby utcris410 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Is anyone attending an Admitted Students' Day?

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby utcris410 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:23 pm

no one?

User avatar
webbylu87
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby webbylu87 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:16 pm

waitlisted today with 163 and no gpa. i'm pretty damn excited as i was expecting a ding. i'd love to be in boston in the fall! apparently bu uses the wl like a hold? or something similar? that's what the wl letter seemed to indicate. anyone else on the wl?

pollaclc
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby pollaclc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 pm

anyone know anything about when merit scholarship info goes out? is it with acceptance? bu would be my first choice if my cycle ended right now, but i really cant afford sticker there knowing i could go to other t20-30 schools for about 1/3 the cost...

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby Veritas » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:27 pm

pollaclc wrote:anyone know anything about when merit scholarship info goes out? is it with acceptance? bu would be my first choice if my cycle ended right now, but i really cant afford sticker there knowing i could go to other t20-30 schools for about 1/3 the cost...

i was accepted 12/3 and just got a scholarship this week!


Who's excited for BU?

getmetolawschool
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby getmetolawschool » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Me!!!! I'm heading up next week to visit both BU and BC and look at some apts ... but so far leaning more towards BU :)

ls10
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:49 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby ls10 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 pm

If any of you guys have questions about BU Law, feel free to ask me here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=107654

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby michstudent10 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:34 pm

I'm excited!! I'm going out to see BU for the first time at the end of February - anything special I should try & see? I've never been to Boston before...

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby Veritas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 pm

michstudent10 wrote:I'm excited!! I'm going out to see BU for the first time at the end of February - anything special I should try & see? I've never been to Boston before...

It's just a terrific city! Enjoy everything, walk the Charles - pretend like you go there :D

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby michstudent10 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Veritas wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:I'm excited!! I'm going out to see BU for the first time at the end of February - anything special I should try & see? I've never been to Boston before...

It's just a terrific city! Enjoy everything, walk the Charles - pretend like you go there :D


Haha I think I could manage that! Have you visited the campus before? How seriously are you considering BU?

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby Cupidity » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:14 am

Lets revive this thing!

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby utcris410 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 am

I'm visiting March 25-March 28 for ASD! :) Very excited!!!

schnauzerlover
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby schnauzerlover » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 pm

michstudent10 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:I'm excited!! I'm going out to see BU for the first time at the end of February - anything special I should try & see? I've never been to Boston before...

It's just a terrific city! Enjoy everything, walk the Charles - pretend like you go there :D


Haha I think I could manage that! Have you visited the campus before? How seriously are you considering BU?


I just into BU and I live in Boston. Boston is AMAZING!!!! BU and BC are part of my top 4 choices because the city is so great. Check out Coolidge Corner in Brookline, walk along the Charles, the Freedom Trail, and check out Harvard Square in Cambridge.

I love that Boston is a very walkable city. I live in Brighton (wouldn’t' have to move if I went to BU), and I often run or walk home from work (near Government Center- far downtown). It is great that you can walk or T (or bus) pretty easily; although the B line stinks (BU is on this line).

With all of the universities and colleges, there are many students, which makes it a great place to be a student. There is always a lot to do. Boston is beautiful, and I love the Charles and all of the old architecture. Red Sox are huge, and even though I’m not a a big baseball fan, the energy in the city about the Sox is fun. Boston is expensive (especially rent), but that is to be expected for a popular city.

I hope that you have a great visit! Good luck deciding :)

therealfp
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:15 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby therealfp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm

utcris410 wrote:I'm visiting March 25-March 28 for ASD! :) Very excited!!!


+1

Although I'm still waiting on a couple schools, BU is definitely looking like the place for me. I'm trying to get excited for the possibility of moving from SoCal to Boston...not easy to do.

I went to the BU admitted student reception in LA last week and met some very personable alumni, as well as Prof. Pettit. I chatted with alumni for a few hours about the school, jobs, and the atmosphere in Boston...I was impressed by everyone I spoke to, including the admits, so BU is looking pretty solid right now.

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby michstudent10 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Thank you so much, that is so much great info! I'm currently between BU & UVA so I have a feeling it is going be a really hard decision.

I'm heading out to both schools next week so I'm hoping it will make the decision easier. I've heard such great things about Boston in general - maybe I'll bump into some of you guys out there! :)

schnauzerlover wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:I'm excited!! I'm going out to see BU for the first time at the end of February - anything special I should try & see? I've never been to Boston before...

It's just a terrific city! Enjoy everything, walk the Charles - pretend like you go there :D


Haha I think I could manage that! Have you visited the campus before? How seriously are you considering BU?


I just into BU and I live in Boston. Boston is AMAZING!!!! BU and BC are part of my top 4 choices because the city is so great. Check out Coolidge Corner in Brookline, walk along the Charles, the Freedom Trail, and check out Harvard Square in Cambridge.

I love that Boston is a very walkable city. I live in Brighton (wouldn’t' have to move if I went to BU), and I often run or walk home from work (near Government Center- far downtown). It is great that you can walk or T (or bus) pretty easily; although the B line stinks (BU is on this line).

With all of the universities and colleges, there are many students, which makes it a great place to be a student. There is always a lot to do. Boston is beautiful, and I love the Charles and all of the old architecture. Red Sox are huge, and even though I’m not a a big baseball fan, the energy in the city about the Sox is fun. Boston is expensive (especially rent), but that is to be expected for a popular city.

I hope that you have a great visit! Good luck deciding :)

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby ryguy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:36 pm

deliverance wrote:and what if I receive a 168 on my december retake?

I got a 169 on the Dec. lsat and I'm still waiting on BU.

User avatar
JayTal
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby JayTal » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Well unless I get accepted at BC with a higher scholly... you'll be seeing me at BU this fall! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby Cupidity » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Not to be all craigslist-creepy ad, but anyone heading to the ASW from FL, maybe carpool.

getmetolawschool
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby getmetolawschool » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Hey guys! I posted about this in the other BU thread, but I have to say that after my visit last week, I'm SO into BU! It'll be between this and one other school for me ... hope to see some of you at the NYC event or the April ASW!

itsfine
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: Boston University Class of 2013

Postby itsfine » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 pm

chris hansen?




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest