UChicago Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Emma. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:39 pm

thorntll wrote:
P.S. Have I met you IRL? I can't keep people straight. (Except for Em, because really, that's still hilarious to me.)


I love you too.

User avatar
cranberry
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby cranberry » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:47 pm

No classes before 10am. Awesome.

trifles000
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:42 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby trifles000 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:49 pm

cranberry wrote:No classes before 10am. Awesome.


+1. Definitely one of the highlights of my schedule.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Emma. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:06 pm

cranberry wrote:No classes before 10am. Awesome.


This.

Also, since I've managed to meet up with UChi TLSers the last 2 Saturday nights, anyone up for making it 3 in a row?

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Emma. wrote:
cranberry wrote:No classes before 10am. Awesome.


This.

Also, since I've managed to meet up with UChi TLSers the last 2 Saturday nights, anyone up for making it 3 in a row?


This guy right here. We have to go hard or go home, though. This is our last weekend.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Emma. wrote:
cranberry wrote:No classes before 10am. Awesome.


This.

Also, since I've managed to meet up with UChi TLSers the last 2 Saturday nights, anyone up for making it 3 in a row?

I'm game. :D

sweetsugar
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:54 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby sweetsugar » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Anyone else in section 3 (Tokson) for Legal Research and Writing?

Oh yeah, and I'll be joining some of you in 8:30 AM Contracts...

rsg87
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby rsg87 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:05 pm

sweetsugar wrote:Anyone else in section 3 (Tokson) for Legal Research and Writing?

Oh yeah, and I'll be joining some of you in 8:30 AM Contracts...



Yeah I am in that section. I like how we only need one book for Legal Research and Writing.

sweetsugar
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:54 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby sweetsugar » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:18 pm

rsg87 wrote:
sweetsugar wrote:Anyone else in section 3 (Tokson) for Legal Research and Writing?

Oh yeah, and I'll be joining some of you in 8:30 AM Contracts...



Yeah I am in that section. I like how we only need one book for Legal Research and Writing.


Yeah, that's nice, especially given that our other books are about 140-160 new. I wonder if we can use any older edition of the Bluebook... I have the 18th edition and I couldn't find the 19th online. We shall see.

Also, although I'm not a super active TLSer, I would love to meet up with y'all tomorrow night!

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Emma. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:41 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:I'm game. :D


sweetsugar wrote:Also, although I'm not a super active TLSer, I would love to meet up with y'all tomorrow night!


What do you guys want to do? Want to venture out of Hyde Park? I'm down for whatever. I live in HP but I'd be happy to get out of the neighborhood and head up north if that is better for people. There are definitely better bar options up there.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Emma. wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:I'm game. :D


sweetsugar wrote:Also, although I'm not a super active TLSer, I would love to meet up with y'all tomorrow night!


What do you guys want to do? Want to venture out of Hyde Park? I'm down for whatever. I live in HP but I'd be happy to get out of the neighborhood and head up north if that is better for people. There are definitely better bar options up there.

Yeah, definitely. We're going 'round Hyde Park tonight (if any of y'all are interested PM me), but I'd love to head up north on Saturday.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Emma. wrote:
What do you guys want to do? Want to venture out of Hyde Park? I'm down for whatever. I live in HP but I'd be happy to get out of the neighborhood and head up north if that is better for people. There are definitely better bar options up there.



I think we all know how I feel about this issue. Let me know if you want bar suggestions.

User avatar
onwisconsin25
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:09 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby onwisconsin25 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:41 pm

How do you know based off of your schedule what books you need?

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Rand M. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:42 pm

onwisconsin25 wrote:How do you know based off of your schedule what books you need?


This.

User avatar
onwisconsin25
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:09 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby onwisconsin25 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:46 pm

i just figured it out. if you go to http://www.law.uchicago.edu and then click on the students tab at the top. Under the "registrar" heading in the grey box there's a link that says "book list" and if you know what sections you're in you can look up your books that way

User avatar
California Babe
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby California Babe » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Rand M. wrote:
onwisconsin25 wrote:How do you know based off of your schedule what books you need?


This.


http://www.law.uchicago.edu/students/registrar/booklist

Lists the books by class/section/professor.

User avatar
onwisconsin25
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:09 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby onwisconsin25 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:54 pm

Is anyone else in section C? Is it weird to you that everyone else has 5 books and we only have 1? Is that a typo do you think?

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Emma. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:56 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Emma. wrote:
What do you guys want to do? Want to venture out of Hyde Park? I'm down for whatever. I live in HP but I'd be happy to get out of the neighborhood and head up north if that is better for people. There are definitely better bar options up there.



I think we all know how I feel about this issue. Let me know if you want bar suggestions.


Hyde Park tonight and then somewhere up north tomorrow? Old Town Social on North Ave is kinda cool.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:07 pm

Emma. wrote: Old Town Social on North Ave is kinda cool.


That works. Make the call. It's your turn to be social chair.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Emma. » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:08 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Emma. wrote: Old Town Social on North Ave is kinda cool.


That works. Make the call. It's your turn to be social chair.


It might be a little on the pricey side for some people, but it also could be a good change from the HP dive bars... What are people thinking? I have a feeling some of you guys ended up having a pretty big night last night.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Emma. » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Apparently Uberstein in Wicker Park might be a better option. It is super close to the blue line so easy to get to, and cheaper than Old Town Social.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:14 pm

Emma. wrote:Apparently Uberstein in Wicker Park might be a better option. It is super close to the blue line so easy to get to, and cheaper than Old Town Social.

I'm there.

thorntll
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby thorntll » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:12 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Emma. wrote:Apparently Uberstein in Wicker Park might be a better option. It is super close to the blue line so easy to get to, and cheaper than Old Town Social.

I'm there.


W00t! Y'all are coming to MY hood!

I would invite everyone over to pregame, but my house is still an effing disaster from moving. And my dog's a little bitch.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Emma. » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:30 pm

thorntll wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Emma. wrote:Apparently Uberstein in Wicker Park might be a better option. It is super close to the blue line so easy to get to, and cheaper than Old Town Social.

I'm there.


W00t! Y'all are coming to MY hood!

I would invite everyone over to pregame, but my house is still an effing disaster from moving. And my dog's a little bitch.


We'll be relying on your awesome local knowledge, thorntll. :P

If anyone wants to join, I think we'll be at Uberstein from now-ish.

User avatar
California Babe
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby California Babe » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:29 pm

So are people planning on bringing a bag/backpack of some kind tomorrow to carry a notebook and whatever they give us? Don't really want to carry one around unless we'll actually have stuff to put in it (aka, a reason to carry it).




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest