UChicago Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:10 am

Man, they couldnt have gotten that 10 million dollars for full-tuition scholarships last cycle?

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:44 am

For those who lived or are living in Regents, how does cable work? Do you have to call that third party company to set it up, or does Regents just turn it on/off?

I ask because two hours after I move in is the kickoff for the Aaron Rodgers Show.

User avatar
UnTouChablE
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby UnTouChablE » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Man, they couldnt have gotten that 10 million dollars for full-tuition scholarships last cycle?


As with many things in my life, I am one year too early. FML.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Emma. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:27 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Man, they couldnt have gotten that 10 million dollars for full-tuition scholarships last cycle?

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Emma. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:31 pm

veeb wrote:anyone down for meeting up on tuesday or wednesday for a drink?

i'm up for meeting early, considering 1) very few of us are working / have daytime responsibilities, 2) it's not like there's happy hour specials in chicago anyway.

i live in the loop but will happily bus to the 1 bar in hyde park. :)


I only saw this today, so I guess it is a little too late to catch up today. I'd be down for another attempt at a TLS UChi meetup this Saturday though if people are keen.

vickers711
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:25 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby vickers711 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:56 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Man, they couldnt have gotten that 10 million dollars for full-tuition scholarships last cycle?


I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering what he meant about the impact it would have on us.

Maybe they'll do a random drawing for one lucky incoming 1L :D

vickers711
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:25 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby vickers711 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:57 pm

By the way, weren't we supposed to receive the after-Labor day letter with more info?

rsg87
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby rsg87 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:14 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:For those who lived or are living in Regents, how does cable work? Do you have to call that third party company to set it up, or does Regents just turn it on/off?

I ask because two hours after I move in is the kickoff for the Aaron Rodgers Show.



You have to call and set up Direct TV through MDU. It is a giant pain in the ass. They are very difficult to get a hold of and they take forever to set up an installation date. At least that was my experience, a month ago.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:49 pm

rsg87 wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:For those who lived or are living in Regents, how does cable work? Do you have to call that third party company to set it up, or does Regents just turn it on/off?

I ask because two hours after I move in is the kickoff for the Aaron Rodgers Show.



You have to call and set up Direct TV through MDU. It is a giant pain in the ass. They are very difficult to get a hold of and they take forever to set up an installation date. At least that was my experience, a month ago.


Yeah... me being an idiot finally re-read the e-mail I got. Apparently we get NBC, CBS, ABC, and *HOPEFULLY FRIGGIN FOX CUZ THAT'S WHAT CHANNEL THE GAME IS ON* for free.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Emma. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:01 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
rsg87 wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:For those who lived or are living in Regents, how does cable work? Do you have to call that third party company to set it up, or does Regents just turn it on/off?

I ask because two hours after I move in is the kickoff for the Aaron Rodgers Show.



You have to call and set up Direct TV through MDU. It is a giant pain in the ass. They are very difficult to get a hold of and they take forever to set up an installation date. At least that was my experience, a month ago.


Yeah... me being an idiot finally re-read the e-mail I got. Apparently we get NBC, CBS, ABC, and *HOPEFULLY FRIGGIN FOX CUZ THAT'S WHAT CHANNEL THE GAME IS ON* for free.


You can come watch at my place if you get desperate.

User avatar
Jay W. Weatherman
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Jay W. Weatherman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:00 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
rsg87 wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:For those who lived or are living in Regents, how does cable work? Do you have to call that third party company to set it up, or does Regents just turn it on/off?

I ask because two hours after I move in is the kickoff for the Aaron Rodgers Show.



You have to call and set up Direct TV through MDU. It is a giant pain in the ass. They are very difficult to get a hold of and they take forever to set up an installation date. At least that was my experience, a month ago.


Yeah... me being an idiot finally re-read the e-mail I got. Apparently we get NBC, CBS, ABC, and *HOPEFULLY FRIGGIN FOX CUZ THAT'S WHAT CHANNEL THE GAME IS ON* for free.


Just moved in today and yes, FOX is one of the free channels.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:03 am

vickers711 wrote:By the way, weren't we supposed to receive the after-Labor day letter with more info?


+1 Wondering the exact same thing..

User avatar
California Babe
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby California Babe » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:12 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
vickers711 wrote:By the way, weren't we supposed to receive the after-Labor day letter with more info?


+1 Wondering the exact same thing..


The next letter from our office (via email) should be arriving in your inboxes right after Labor Day. All correspondence will also be posted on the Law School website for your convenience.


Yup. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

User avatar
ellewoods110
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby ellewoods110 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:31 am

maybe they should have used some of the $10 million dollars to keep their offices on schedule...

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:26 am

Emma. wrote:I only saw this today, so I guess it is a little too late to catch up today. I'd be down for another attempt at a TLS UChi meetup this Saturday though if people are keen.



I'm also in favor of a meet-up this weekend or next week. My schedule is pretty open after Friday. And, don't believe the hype: there are several Chicago bars with great drink specials, especially on weeknights. Hyde Park bars just have no incentive to be cheap because they have a captive audience. Stick with me, kids, and I'll have you all polluted before you spend $5.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby miamiman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:12 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Emma. wrote:I only saw this today, so I guess it is a little too late to catch up today. I'd be down for another attempt at a TLS UChi meetup this Saturday though if people are keen.



I'm also in favor of a meet-up this weekend or next week. My schedule is pretty open after Friday. And, don't believe the hype: there are several Chicago bars with great drink specials, especially on weeknights. Hyde Park bars just have no incentive to be cheap because they have a captive audience. Stick with me, kids, and I'll have you all polluted before you spend $5.


Saturday works for me, too.

thorntll
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby thorntll » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:18 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Emma. wrote:I only saw this today, so I guess it is a little too late to catch up today. I'd be down for another attempt at a TLS UChi meetup this Saturday though if people are keen.



I'm also in favor of a meet-up this weekend or next week. My schedule is pretty open after Friday. And, don't believe the hype: there are several Chicago bars with great drink specials, especially on weeknights. Hyde Park bars just have no incentive to be cheap because they have a captive audience. Stick with me, kids, and I'll have you all polluted before you spend $5.


+1, especially about the not-going-to-Hyde-Park part.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 am

Ok so it looks like we'll be meeting up tomorrow (Saturday). PM me if you're interested.

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby swimbrad » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm

pick me pick me... .i'm interested...

also... i'm in regents... have been for about a month and a half so if anyone has any housekeeping issues feel free to let me know...

ChaotiCait
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby ChaotiCait » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm getting in to Regents on Monday, can't wait to meet everyone!

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Hey all I'm moved into Regents as of yesterday and would be willing to do something this week. keep me posted! :mrgreen:

UC2013
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby UC2013 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm in town. Let's do something.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby miamiman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Also in Regents; anyone want to catch MNF tonight? Anyone have cable to facilitate that?

User avatar
Jay W. Weatherman
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby Jay W. Weatherman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:49 pm

miamiman wrote:Also in Regents; anyone want to catch MNF tonight? Anyone have cable to facilitate that?


I don't have cable, but was thinking of heading to Jimmy's to watch it if that sounds appealing to anyone.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Postby miamiman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Jay W. Weatherman wrote:
miamiman wrote:Also in Regents; anyone want to catch MNF tonight? Anyone have cable to facilitate that?


I don't have cable, but was thinking of heading to Jimmy's to watch it if that sounds appealing to anyone.



I could be up for that....but falcon inn is closer and just as good...




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest