UChicago Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:10 am

Man, they couldnt have gotten that 10 million dollars for full-tuition scholarships last cycle?

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:44 am

For those who lived or are living in Regents, how does cable work? Do you have to call that third party company to set it up, or does Regents just turn it on/off?

I ask because two hours after I move in is the kickoff for the Aaron Rodgers Show.

UnTouChablE

Bronze

Post by UnTouChablE » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Man, they couldnt have gotten that 10 million dollars for full-tuition scholarships last cycle?
As with many things in my life, I am one year too early. FML.

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:27 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Man, they couldnt have gotten that 10 million dollars for full-tuition scholarships last cycle?

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:31 pm

veeb wrote:anyone down for meeting up on tuesday or wednesday for a drink?

i'm up for meeting early, considering 1) very few of us are working / have daytime responsibilities, 2) it's not like there's happy hour specials in chicago anyway.

i live in the loop but will happily bus to the 1 bar in hyde park. :)
I only saw this today, so I guess it is a little too late to catch up today. I'd be down for another attempt at a TLS UChi meetup this Saturday though if people are keen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vickers711

New

Post by vickers711 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:56 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I was also wondering what he meant about the impact it would have on us.

Maybe they'll do a random drawing for one lucky incoming 1L :D

vickers711

New

Post by vickers711 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:57 pm

By the way, weren't we supposed to receive the after-Labor day letter with more info?

rsg87

New

Post by rsg87 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:14 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:For those who lived or are living in Regents, how does cable work? Do you have to call that third party company to set it up, or does Regents just turn it on/off?

I ask because two hours after I move in is the kickoff for the Aaron Rodgers Show.

You have to call and set up Direct TV through MDU. It is a giant pain in the ass. They are very difficult to get a hold of and they take forever to set up an installation date. At least that was my experience, a month ago.

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:49 pm

rsg87 wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:For those who lived or are living in Regents, how does cable work? Do you have to call that third party company to set it up, or does Regents just turn it on/off?

You have to call and set up Direct TV through MDU. It is a giant pain in the ass. They are very difficult to get a hold of and they take forever to set up an installation date. At least that was my experience, a month ago.
Yeah... me being an idiot finally re-read the e-mail I got. Apparently we get NBC, CBS, ABC, and *HOPEFULLY FRIGGIN FOX CUZ THAT'S WHAT CHANNEL THE GAME IS ON* for free.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:01 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
rsg87 wrote:

Yeah... me being an idiot finally re-read the e-mail I got. Apparently we get NBC, CBS, ABC, and *HOPEFULLY FRIGGIN FOX CUZ THAT'S WHAT CHANNEL THE GAME IS ON* for free.
You can come watch at my place if you get desperate.

Jay W. Weatherman

New

Post by Jay W. Weatherman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:00 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
rsg87 wrote:

Just moved in today and yes, FOX is one of the free channels.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:03 am

vickers711 wrote:By the way, weren't we supposed to receive the after-Labor day letter with more info?
+1 Wondering the exact same thing..

California Babe

Bronze

Post by California Babe » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:12 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
vickers711 wrote:By the way, weren't we supposed to receive the after-Labor day letter with more info?
+1 Wondering the exact same thing..
The next letter from our office (via email) should be arriving in your inboxes right after Labor Day. All correspondence will also be posted on the Law School website for your convenience.
Yup. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ellewoods110

Bronze

Post by ellewoods110 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:31 am

maybe they should have used some of the $10 million dollars to keep their offices on schedule...

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:26 am

Emma. wrote: I only saw this today, so I guess it is a little too late to catch up today. I'd be down for another attempt at a TLS UChi meetup this Saturday though if people are keen.

I'm also in favor of a meet-up this weekend or next week. My schedule is pretty open after Friday. And, don't believe the hype: there are several Chicago bars with great drink specials, especially on weeknights. Hyde Park bars just have no incentive to be cheap because they have a captive audience. Stick with me, kids, and I'll have you all polluted before you spend $5.

miamiman

Silver

Post by miamiman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:12 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Emma. wrote: I only saw this today, so I guess it is a little too late to catch up today. I'd be down for another attempt at a TLS UChi meetup this Saturday though if people are keen.

I'm also in favor of a meet-up this weekend or next week. My schedule is pretty open after Friday. And, don't believe the hype: there are several Chicago bars with great drink specials, especially on weeknights. Hyde Park bars just have no incentive to be cheap because they have a captive audience. Stick with me, kids, and I'll have you all polluted before you spend $5.
Saturday works for me, too.

thorntll

Bronze

Post by thorntll » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:18 pm

ClemCarter wrote:

+1, especially about the not-going-to-Hyde-Park part.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 am

Ok so it looks like we'll be meeting up tomorrow (Saturday). PM me if you're interested.

swimbrad

Bronze

Post by swimbrad » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm

pick me pick me... .i'm interested...

also... i'm in regents... have been for about a month and a half so if anyone has any housekeeping issues feel free to let me know...

ChaotiCait

Bronze

Post by ChaotiCait » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm getting in to Regents on Monday, can't wait to meet everyone!

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Hey all I'm moved into Regents as of yesterday and would be willing to do something this week. keep me posted! :mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

UC2013

New

Post by UC2013 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm in town. Let's do something.

miamiman

Silver

Post by miamiman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Also in Regents; anyone want to catch MNF tonight? Anyone have cable to facilitate that?

Jay W. Weatherman

New

Post by Jay W. Weatherman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:49 pm

miamiman wrote:Also in Regents; anyone want to catch MNF tonight? Anyone have cable to facilitate that?
I don't have cable, but was thinking of heading to Jimmy's to watch it if that sounds appealing to anyone.

miamiman

Silver

Post by miamiman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Jay W. Weatherman wrote:
miamiman wrote:Also in Regents; anyone want to catch MNF tonight? Anyone have cable to facilitate that?
I don't have cable, but was thinking of heading to Jimmy's to watch it if that sounds appealing to anyone.

I could be up for that....but falcon inn is closer and just as good...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”