UChicago Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
gotmilk?

Bronze

Re: UChicago Class of 2013

Post by gotmilk? » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:51 am

dresden doll wrote:U of C 1L here. Just chiming in to wish a warm welcome to next year's 1Ls! Congrats, guys!
should we be terrified of what will become of us next year?

echoi

Bronze

Post by echoi » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:17 pm

gotmilk? wrote:
dresden doll wrote:U of C 1L here. Just chiming in to wish a warm welcome to next year's 1Ls! Congrats, guys!
should we be terrified of what will become of us next year?
you aren't terrified already?

HereIDreamt

New

Post by HereIDreamt » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:34 pm

echoi wrote:and congrats HereIDreamt on the Browns' win today.
Hmmm, I don't know if beating the raiders is anything to be congratulated on....

I think that the 49ers are in pretty good shape for next year-- young studs and all-- so I think that you should be fairly optimistic!
echoi wrote:you aren't terrified already?
I am having nightmares, who knew getting into the law school of one's dreams would be so nerve wracking!

HereIDreamt

New

Post by HereIDreamt » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:36 pm

I have a question: does someone else on here have a dog? I called regents to find out the situation and the woman I talked to said another early admit had already called about a dog. I was wondering if you had decided to pick regents or somewhere else.

Thanks~

TaipeiMort

Silver

Post by TaipeiMort » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:26 pm

HereIDreamt wrote:I have a question: does someone else on here have a dog? I called regents to find out the situation and the woman I talked to said another early admit had already called about a dog. I was wondering if you had decided to pick regents or somewhere else.

Thanks~
I have a dog. I'm going to live in family housing. They allow up to two dogs. My wife and I talked to students when we visited, and most everyone had a dog. Hyde Park has a lot of little parks to take your dog to. It is a dog friendly community. I don't know about single housing though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Waitlisted via email today.

Flying out to interview w/ Dean Perry the week of Jan 11. I'll take tons of pictures, sit in on a class, and ask any questions you guys would like me to. Just shoot me a PM.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:05 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Waitlisted via email today.

Flying out to interview w/ Dean Perry the week of Jan 11. I'll take tons of pictures, sit in on a class, and ask any questions you guys would like me to. Just shoot me a PM.
Best of luck! Which class will you be sitting in on? I highly recommend McAdams's Crim Law; it's FTW.

And, no, guys, you shouldn't be terrified. Just think Bar Reviews, Wine Messes, booze cruise you'll have during Orientation and similar. All will be well.

johnstuartmill

Bronze

Post by johnstuartmill » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:04 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words, dresden doll. I hope there'll be someone like you to cheer us up after we each graduate with $200k of debt. :lol:

HereIDreamt

New

Post by HereIDreamt » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:22 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:I have a dog. I'm going to live in family housing. They allow up to two dogs. My wife and I talked to students when we visited, and most everyone had a dog. Hyde Park has a lot of little parks to take your dog to. It is a dog friendly community. I don't know about single housing though.
Thank you! I was under the (mistaken) belief that it was really just the New Residence for us singletons. Definitely have some things to consider. It is really nice that there are a couple of buildings right next to the law school.

I am now thinking that I will have to squander the frequent flyer miles and go visit! I am also very excited by the apparent plethora of dogs, perhaps we can have a play group or something!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ontologyfail

Bronze

Post by ontologyfail » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:49 am

HereIDreamt wrote: I was under the (mistaken) belief
This is why English, and other languages, need an 'yiwei' equivilent, right TaipeiMort?

HereIDreamt-What kind of dog do you have? I wish I could bring my dog with me, but he just can't take being left alone as long as he would be next year, though I remain hopeful I can steal him back from my parents 2L & 3L year.

HereIDreamt

New

Post by HereIDreamt » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:17 pm

ontologyfail wrote: HereIDreamt-What kind of dog do you have?
I have a dog that looks like a soft coated wheaten terrier on steroids. So take a Wheaten and double it in size and you end up with my behemoth. You are welcome to pet her anytime you miss a dog, she loves attention.

Happy New Year's everyone! Enjoy the day off and the bowl games!

freeflowfox

New

Post by freeflowfox » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:55 am

I'm constantly being surprised here by how many people speak Chinese!

Trying to decide whether or not to go to Chicago, worried about housing and food. Anyone looking for apartments they go?

Whatisthis

Bronze

Post by Whatisthis » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi all,

I was looking at the school's website, and I noticed they haven’t put up the budget for the 2010/2011 school year (apparently, it won’t be up until late spring).

Is it safe to assume tuition will go up? Anyone have any idea how much?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gotmilk?

Bronze

Post by gotmilk? » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:17 am

Whatisthis wrote:
Is it safe to assume tuition will go up? Anyone have any idea how much?
ugh. i do not want to think about this.

jerjon2

Bronze

Post by jerjon2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Has anyone gotten an actual acceptance package? Or does anyone know when those are supposed to be sent out? (I ED'd but I'm far too paranoid to start withdrawing from schools without a physical acceptance package)

ontologyfail

Bronze

Post by ontologyfail » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 pm

jerjon2 wrote:Has anyone gotten an actual acceptance package? Or does anyone know when those are supposed to be sent out? (I ED'd but I'm far too paranoid to start withdrawing from schools without a physical acceptance package)
Yeah, still no acceptance package here. Didn't the email say something about a January 15th deadline for having signed forms and a deposit check back to them?

HereIDreamt

New

Post by HereIDreamt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:58 pm

ontologyfail wrote: Yeah, still no acceptance package here. Didn't the email say something about a January 15th deadline for having signed forms and a deposit check back to them?
Yes, it did. The twitter account for the admissions office (twitter.com/UChicagoLawApps) says that the admitted students' site should be active within a couple of days. In the e-mail sent after the phone call it said that all the instructions will be on the site.

Hopefully it is just another day or two!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jerjon2

Bronze

Post by jerjon2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:05 pm

ontologyfail wrote:
jerjon2 wrote:Has anyone gotten an actual acceptance package? Or does anyone know when those are supposed to be sent out? (I ED'd but I'm far too paranoid to start withdrawing from schools without a physical acceptance package)
Yeah, still no acceptance package here. Didn't the email say something about a January 15th deadline for having signed forms and a deposit check back to them?
I don't remember if thats in the email but I was told that when I got the call. I asked when I needed to have all my other apps withdrawn and I was told it would be good to have it done by the 15th because of those forms and deposits.

jackgrf

New

Post by jackgrf » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:39 pm

hey all. what schools are you weighing chicago against? I'm in and very excited about getting in as I was rejected for undergrad.

gotmilk?

Bronze

Post by gotmilk? » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:17 am

yikes. if it is due by the 15th i might have a problem since i'll be traveling around from tomorrow-19th. i guess i could find a post office somewhere...

echoi

Bronze

Post by echoi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:33 am

Not really giving us that much time with that 15th deadline. Anybody know if we can submit our deposit electronically?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ontologyfail

Bronze

Post by ontologyfail » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:08 am

jackgrf wrote:hey all. what schools are you weighing chicago against? I'm in and very excited about getting in as I was rejected for undergrad.
I was waitlisted for UG. Then again, now that I've seen more of the average Chicago undergrad, it was probably for the best :lol:
gotmilk? wrote:yikes. if it is due by the 15th i might have a problem since i'll be traveling around from tomorrow-19th. i guess i could find a post office somewhere...
Yeah, I'm not too confident in the French post system's ability (or more accurately willingness) to delivery mail to the US in a timely fashion. I hope that the deposit can be sent in separately &/or electronically, as right now I have about 5 dollars in my US account....lots of people have their parents pay their deposits for them, right?

thorntll

Bronze

Post by thorntll » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:01 am

The January 15 deadline must only be for ED, right?

ontologyfail

Bronze

Post by ontologyfail » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:09 am

thorntll wrote:The January 15 deadline must only be for ED, right?
Yes. Those of you who did not need to sign away any chance of financial aid to get in have a few months where you can demand schools woo you properly :D

thorntll

Bronze

Post by thorntll » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:40 pm

I got my username and password for the Admitted Students' Website...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”