To All The Jobless 2Ls

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Interested Observer

To All The Jobless 2Ls

Postby Interested Observer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Hello fellow 2Ls:

I wanted to start a thread for those of us who are still jobless for our second summers. What are your guys' plans to look for a job? What are you looking to do? What's open?!

My plan is to give it a rest for a little bit and start the job search again in January. I'm hoping that by waiting a little bit longer smaller litigation firms in my target area will know more as to whether they're going to hire anybody for the summer.

Other than that, I can only hope.

What about you guys?

Re: To All The Jobless 2Ls

Postby 98234872348 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:11 pm

I'm going to preemptively join this group... :oops:

edgarderby

Postby edgarderby » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm not sure smaller litigation firms are going to want anyone, or would do the summer model in the first place, from the one's I've spoken with. Especially with how shitty the economy is. But...I really hope I'm wrong.

Praying for a job in a prosecutor's office, even if it is in a county of 100 people. Otherwise, I'll play 360 all summer.

awesomepossum

Postby awesomepossum » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:35 pm

edgar?!?!?!!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

--ImageRemoved--

CE2JD

Postby CE2JD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:45 pm

awesomepossum wrote:edgar?!?!?!!?!

--ImageRemoved--

LOL

Interested Observer

Postby Interested Observer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 pm

edgarderby wrote:I'm not sure smaller litigation firms are going to want anyone, or would do the summer model in the first place, from the one's I've spoken with. Especially with how shitty the economy is. But...I really hope I'm wrong.

Praying for a job in a prosecutor's office, even if it is in a county of 100 people. Otherwise, I'll play 360 all summer.

Yeah, I think you're right with smaller litigation firms in general, but there are some who will hire one person for the summer (there's no implied path to a full-time position or anything).

Otherwise, I think I'm going to try and work for some prosecutor's office or public defender.

edgarderby

Postby edgarderby » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:53 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Not even ashamed of it at this point, I did all I could. I know of *one* person with a major market job, and I personally know of 4 people on law review with no firm offers, not even from secondary markets.

Notre Dame is having an off year in everything from football, to jobs, to basketball, to SNOW. THERE ISN'T EVEN SNOW HERE. Very surreal.

jchoggan

Postby jchoggan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:40 pm

--ImageRemoved--

F'in hilarious... yet a nice sentiment at the same time.

Grad_Student

Postby Grad_Student » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:59 pm

edgarderby wrote:I'm not sure smaller litigation firms are going to want anyone, or would do the summer model in the first place, from the one's I've spoken with. Especially with how shitty the economy is. But...I really hope I'm wrong.

Dude, you'll get hired on at the DA's office. I got offered at every one I applied to including *a very large county* as a 1L.

Return to “Legal Employment”