Health Law?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Gunz353

Health Law?

Postby Gunz353 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:33 pm

Can someone tell me what kind of work you would be doing with a specialization in health law? More specifically, who or what would you work for in this field i.e. large law firms, a hospital?

chicoalto0649

Re: Health Law?

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:45 pm

http://law.shu.edu/ProgramsCenters/HealthTechIP/Center-for-Health-and-Pharmaceutical-Law.cfm

Seton Hall has a very prestigious health law program and their tuition is very reasonable. If you follow this link it should answer most, if not all of your questions....

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:11 pm

seton halll ftmfw

jhett

Postby jhett » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:59 pm

You can work for law firms with a health law practice, hospitals or medical networks/associations, medical insurers, or government agencies (there are other places but these are the most obvious ones). The kind of work you do varies. Most of health law revolves around regulatory work... making sure people comply with HIPAA, EMPALA, and other regulations. You may also deal with med mal (perhaps becoming a plaintiffs lawyer representing patients). There are other aspects of working in the health field that do not directly relate to medicine itself... corporate/tax law for non-profits, labor and employment, and IP. I worked at the legal counsel's office for a hospital and we dealt with all these things.

Return to “Legal Employment”