edited

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

edited

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:08 pm

edited
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randyn

Re: USAO background check

Postby randyn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm going to be undergoing an "extensive" FBI background check for a summer USAO position. My parent was a bit of a radical many years ago, and was arrested for a few protest-related things that were probably classified as either assault or breach of the peace/trespassing. This parent is now a naturalized citizen, but at the time was a resident alien. This type of activity might get a person on a terrorism watch-list nowadays, so is it enough to red flag a DOJ background check on me as a family member?

Thanks...

you think you are anonymous but you aren't. Just typing ^ means you are out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:you think you are anonymous but you aren't. Just typing ^ means you are out.

then be nice and delete your post

Anonymous Loser

Re: edited

Postby Anonymous Loser » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Well, while I was typing up my reply to your question, along with a link to the questionnaire you'll be required to complete, you panicked and took down your post.

If you are truly this insecure about passing a suitability check, why are you pursuing gov't work?

jsix

Postby jsix » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:58 pm

randyn wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm going to be undergoing an "extensive" FBI background check for a summer USAO position. My parent was a bit of a radical many years ago, and was arrested for a few protest-related things that were probably classified as either assault or breach of the peace/trespassing. This parent is now a naturalized citizen, but at the time was a resident alien. This type of activity might get a person on a terrorism watch-list nowadays, so is it enough to red flag a DOJ background check on me as a family member?

Thanks...

you think you are anonymous but you aren't. Just typing ^ means you are out.

I hope you aren't planning on government work, you're out just by bolding said word. I'm now out for quoting it. Anyone who even reads it is out. WE'RE ALL FUCKED!

Seriously though, if this check is anything like the check for getting Top Secret clearances (all I know about) then yes, it will likely be an issue. Depends a lot on what was being protested, probably. They care a great deal about the people around you. If your parent is someone they are uncomfortable with, they won't give you the clearances.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:04 pm

jsix wrote:
randyn wrote:you think you are anonymous but you aren't. Just typing ^ means you are out.

I hope you aren't planning on government work, you're out just by bolding said word. I'm now out for quoting it. Anyone who even reads it is out. WE'RE ALL FUCKED!

Seriously though, if this check is anything like the check for getting Top Secret clearances (all I know about) then yes, it will likely be an issue. Depends a lot on what was being protested, probably. They care a great deal about the people around you. If your parent is someone they are uncomfortable with, they won't give you the clearances.

Well, its pretty tame run of the mill protesting, but the reason I had a question was because of the parent's alien status at the time (shorter leash). This person is now a very law-abiding government worker, so its not something I'm "insecure" about, but figured it was pertinent to check with the interwebs to save myself some drama if this was the type of thing that trip alarms. How exactly am I supposed to know what is important and not important in said background check, having never participated in one?

Anonymous User

Re: edited

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:edited

I was joking, sorry.

Return to “Legal Employment”