2Ls and 2010 Summer Offers (% of class w/offers) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
worldtraveler

Platinum

Re: 2Ls and 2010 Summer Offers (% of class w/offers)

Post by worldtraveler » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:44 am

I don't know full statistics for offers at Berkeley. Just among 2Ls I know, over half that wanted big law offers got them. However I have at least one friend near the top of the class without an offer, and others closer to the bottom who did just fine. Being on law review ironically didn't seem to help all that much.

There are also a fair amount of people who either didn't do OCI, or only did it for public interest firms or a select couple firms they liked. I'm not sure any statistics on Berkeley would be useful unless you knew A)how many people opted out of OCI, B) how many people did it only for public interest/only for 2 or 3 firms and C) how many intellectual property people there are (who seem to have done extremely well on the whole).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”