Online certificates like int'l security for improved jobs...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Online certificates like int'l security for improved jobs...

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Stanford University offers an "International Security" graduate certificate. I'm trying to find other programs available that do not require any standardized test and which are also online. I'm taking a year off from going off to law school and just want to work for a year or two and get some more education that will help me get into a MPA program or joint degree with law school. thanks for help....

Ranita

Re: Online certificates like int'l security for improved jobs...

Postby Ranita » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:48 pm

American Military University has online MAs and certificates in the usual suspects (Homeland Security, Strategic Intel, IR, Emergency and Disaster Management, Logistics, PoliSci, Military History, etc.). Your profs are practicioners (a lot live in D.C.) and your fellow students are mostly military officers and DOD/DHS personnel. Civilians are allowed to matriculate, and they provide a nice outside perspective.

Courses are pretty cheap too, as they are designed to fall under the military tuition reimbursement cap...about $300/credit, so you can grab an MA for about 10k, or a cert for 5k.

I did my second MA with them and rather enjoyed it. However, it will take you more than one year.

Return to “Legal Employment”