Air Force JAG summer inter Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Air Force JAG summer inter

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Any one else apply to the Air Force JAg Summer intern program? If so has anybody heard back, or know when we should be expecting to hear back?

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Re: Air Force JAG summer inter

Post by XxSpyKEx » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:30 pm

I did OCI with a JAG recruiter. I really have no idea why I bid on them, but I did and then couldn't withdraw my interview without getting charged money from my school. I never filled out an application with them but the person I OCI'd with said she got my application and it was complete like 2 weeks ago. No idea when they are actually making offers but from the email I got it sounds like they haven't started doing that yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:36 pm

I did the 2L air force internship last year. I was accepted via telephone the week before Thanksgiving break....if that helps out your timeline. They did not interview me prior to my acceptance.

amped

New

Post by amped » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I did the 2L air force internship last year. I was accepted via telephone the week before Thanksgiving break....if that helps out your timeline. They did not interview me prior to my acceptance.
Lame. I hope not getting a call this week doesn't mean I didn't get selected.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Anyone?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Bump.

GatorStudent

Bronze

Post by GatorStudent » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Nope, haven't heard anything yet.

yarm

New

Post by yarm » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:10 am

Haven't heard anything back either. I was told back in early October that they would begin notifying people late Nov/early Dec. My guess is that they got bombarded with applications this year due to the shitty job market and it took them longer than expected to sift through the applications. I'm sure it takes awhile considering they, supposedly, don't have GPA/Rank cut-offs. Please post if you guys get notified. Thanks.

amped

New

Post by amped » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:23 am

Anyone hear yet? It's already the 15th and I haven't heard a thing from AF or Army.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wesleybs

New

Post by wesleybs » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Still waiting...

wesleybs

New

Post by wesleybs » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:53 pm

A poster on the OTS Forum (http://www.airforceots.com/portal/index.php) Said the board just finished making its decisions for the board (actual JAG selections). I don't know if that is the same group that makes decisions for the internships, but if so we could be hearing something soon. Best of luck all.

yarm

New

Post by yarm » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:05 pm

Also haven't heard anything. I tried e-mailing the contact person from the AF JAG internship ad on December 12th. I got this automatic response: Thank you for your message. I am away from the office and will return on Monday, 21 December 2009. If you need immediate assistance, please call 202.767.8939.

A secretary informed me back in late October that this same contact person was also on the committee that reviews the internship applications. I opted to wait until after the holidays to start bugging people by phone. Although, it is a little strange that this person seems to have been on vacation or something over a week during the supposed review process. At this point, I would be happy with a definite yes or no so I can begin planning out my summer.

user1

New

Post by user1 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Calls are going out. 25/300+ selected. Good luck to everyone.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:35 pm

user1 wrote:Calls are going out. 25/300+ selected. Good luck to everyone.

On what basis do you know this? Is it a today or not at all?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
user1 wrote:Calls are going out. 25/300+ selected. Good luck to everyone.
On what basis do you know this? Is it a today or not at all?
Yeah I call flame. Calls on Christmas Eve? Psssh...

user1

New

Post by user1 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Not flame. I got the call.

wesleybs

New

Post by wesleybs » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Opened my rejection letter today. Best of luck folks.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GatorStudent

Bronze

Post by GatorStudent » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:46 pm

I also received a rejection letter, dated December 24th. (I was out-of-town for quite some time.)

Good luck everyone.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:34 pm

any idea what it means if we haven't heard back either way (no rejection letter and no phone call)?

user1

New

Post by user1 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:18 am

It could mean they are waiting to hear back from those selected. You'd be like an alternate.

kas85

New

Post by kas85 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Wondering if any of you who applied for the Army 2L internship have heard back?

If so, did the status checker on the jagcnet website indicate a decision? I'm not at home (and won't be for a couple weeks) so I can't rely on snail mail. My status still says "Pending Board Decision."

Hoping a thin letter isn't already waiting for me at home.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GatorStudent

Bronze

Post by GatorStudent » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:02 am

kas85 wrote:Wondering if any of you who applied for the Army 2L internship have heard back?

If so, did the status checker on the jagcnet website indicate a decision? I'm not at home (and won't be for a couple weeks) so I can't rely on snail mail. My status still says "Pending Board Decision."

Hoping a thin letter isn't already waiting for me at home.
I haven't heard back yet, but I talked to someone who did the externship last year and that person said that we should know sometime this month. I hope this is correct! And good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:36 pm

*Bump*

Anyone other than me waiting on results this time around? Should we expect the "week before Thanksgiving" 2008 results or the "Christmas Eve" 2009 calls?

kaesch

New

Post by kaesch » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:07 pm

I spoke with the woman who heads the board of decisions for the Air Force JAG internship. She said that things are very backed up right now because as of Monday they still have not received all the documents from the personnel department. They can not schedule the board review until they have received all the completed files. Because of the late application due date and the holiday I think we will be looking at the end of December, early January.

roman10

New

Post by roman10 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:24 am

kaesch wrote:I spoke with the woman who heads the board of decisions for the Air Force JAG internship. She said that things are very backed up right now because as of Monday they still have not received all the documents from the personnel department. They can not schedule the board review until they have received all the completed files. Because of the late application due date and the holiday I think we will be looking at the end of December, early January.

What is the contact information for that board? I want to make sure my materials have been received. Thanks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”