For those who struck out at OCI - there may be hope

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
democrattotheend

For those who struck out at OCI - there may be hope

Postby democrattotheend » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:02 pm

I noticed one big firm had a letter saying they were waiting until after November 15 to start recruiting for the summer, after they make offers to last year's summers. Here's the letter: --LinkRemoved--

So it looks like at least one big firm is waiting until later than usual to recruit summer associates, and I wonder if any other firms are taking this same approach. Maybe some of the firms that pulled out of OCI this year did so because they wanted to wait and see, and since there are signs that the economy is beginning to recover, hopefully they will decide to go ahead and hire summers for 2010.

Does anyone know of any other firms that have delayed hiring summer associates and may be hiring later this year or in the spring?

awesomepossum

Re: For those who struck out at OCI - there may be hope

Postby awesomepossum » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Orrick.

The details are on ATL.

NYU2011

Postby NYU2011 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:58 pm

Yeah, I heard DLA is interviewing at NYU next week. I also heard they're requiring a 3.3 GPA... I have to wonder how many they're expecting with that cutoff that don't have jobs already. Maybe it's more than I think

nealric

Postby nealric » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:37 pm

I also heard they're requiring a 3.3 GPA... I have to wonder how many they're expecting with that cutoff that don't have jobs already. Maybe it's more than I think

I think they will get people for sure. 3.3 is just median.

Return to “Legal Employment”