0L employment ideas?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
cpunch

0L employment ideas?

Postby cpunch » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:43 pm

What should I do as a 0L in order to make my resume look better 2 years from now? Are there any smallball government jobs I can get that would give me nice connections and/or experience?
(I start at UVA in fall 2010.)

NYVA311

Re: 0L employment ideas?

Postby NYVA311 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm also curious about this. My plan as of now is to travel a bit and relax this summer, possibly reading one of the books suggested on here for 0Ls. As of right now, I have no intentions of getting an internship or serious summer work.

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:59 pm

NYVA311 wrote:I'm also curious about this. My plan as of now is to travel a bit and relax this summer, possibly reading one of the books suggested on here for 0Ls. As of right now, I have no intentions of getting an internship or serious summer work.

How will you eat?

NYVA311

Postby NYVA311 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:02 pm

Haha, I'll be living at home (I'm going to school straight out of UG). I'd like to get some sort of job though, just not an internship like I've had the past few summers. I'd like to give myself a break before law school starts.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:09 pm

cpunch wrote:What should I do as a 0L in order to make my resume look better 2 years from now? Are there any smallball government jobs I can get that would give me nice connections and/or experience?
Good luck breaking into government with less than a year time commitment. Try a political campaign.

cpunch

Postby cpunch » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
cpunch wrote:What should I do as a 0L in order to make my resume look better 2 years from now? Are there any smallball government jobs I can get that would give me nice connections and/or experience?
Good luck breaking into government with less than a year time commitment. Try a political campaign.

Maybe an internship then? I have no legal experience whatsoever.

CE2JD

Postby CE2JD » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Examine your own life and figure out something you can do.

People on the Internet can't help you.

Return to “Legal Employment”