Winter Pro Bono: Option btwn regional or NY firm?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
szakis

Winter Pro Bono: Option btwn regional or NY firm?

Postby szakis » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:15 pm

I have to decide where to accept a remote, pro bono project for the winter. My two choices are a very established regional firm or a well established NY firm. I'm not too interested in staying within the region I currently attend law school in (nor am I interested in NY sized biglaw), however would it be better to work for the NY firm due to the potential geographic mobility this could indicate (instead of pigenholing myself into one region)?

Matthies

Re: Winter Pro Bono: Option btwn regional or NY firm?

Postby Matthies » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:17 pm

szakis wrote:I have to decide where to accept a remote, pro bono project for the winter. My two choices are a very established regional firm or a well established NY firm. I'm not too interested in staying within the region I currently attend law school in (nor am I interested in NY sized biglaw), however would it be better to work for the NY firm due to the potential geographic mobility this could indicate (instead of pigenholing myself into one region)?

Is there regional firm where you already live? Maybe cheaper than subleting in NYC when your working for free, is the 1L or 2L, no chances for offer? The I would go cheapest.

Return to “Legal Employment”