Need advice on how to recruit top grads for small firm

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Oblomov

Re: Need advice on how to recruit top grads for small firm

Postby Oblomov » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:41 am

PKSebben wrote:I think writing samples are excellent indicators of talent.

I think the concern is that a sample has been exceedingly worked, and f you're lucky only by the person submitting it. If it's only the first, it does allow you to see what the person can do given unlimited time.

Postby 06072010 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:17 am

Oblomov wrote:

I think the concern is that a sample has been exceedingly worked, and f you're lucky only by the person submitting it. If it's only the first, it does allow you to see what the person can do given unlimited time.

And still you see law students with terrible samples. I find it amazing. That's why I'd ask. A bad writing sample would 86 every candidate.

Matthies

Postby Matthies » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 pm

PKSebben wrote:
Oblomov wrote:

And still you see law students with terrible samples. I find it amazing. That's why I'd ask. A bad writing sample would 86 every candidate.

Agree 100% even edited some stuff is just crap

Return to “Legal Employment”