Mailing - saying when you will be in the city

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mailing - saying when you will be in the city

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:54 am

Like many 2Ls, I am mass mailing firms. I am willing to fly to cities for interviews, but I don't plan to be in any of the cities for week-long stretches during the semester. I doubt many of you are planning to do this either, so I'm wondering what approach those of you took who mass mailed multiple cities. Did you just leave out any mention of a scheduled time you would be in a particular location, or lie, or what? Also, if I tell firms in one location that I will be in the area for all of Christmas break, does this make it sound like I won't be available until too late in the hiring season?

Anonymous User

Re: Mailing - saying when you will be in the city

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:06 am

you waited a bit late to mass mail. At this point, most major market firms have closed or wrapped up their offers for next summer. Are you thinking secondary/tertiary markets?

Anonymous User

Re: Mailing - saying when you will be in the city

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:05 am

Yes. Unfortunately, my fall break plans won't take me to, say, Oklahoma City, Minneapolis, and Newark. I will leave school and visit family in these areas if I get an interview, but otherwise I'm planning to save money ITE and not go on vacations on the off chance that a firm will be swayed by this evidence of a regional commitment.

Return to “Legal Employment”