FBI cancelled their summer internship and honors hiring 2010 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: FBI cancelled their summer internship and honors hiring 2010

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:16 am

I'm pretty sure the Summer Honors & Volunteer programs weren't canceled. I got an email from my school today about a change in the application deadline dates and the program (apparently they'll only be interviewing at certain schools), and applied today to honors.

edit: just went back and looked at the stuff my CSO sent that they received from the FBI, it was all dated 11/15/2010, and for both programs stated that the application deadline would 11/19/2010.

edit again: Whoops! I didn't realize that someone had brought this thread back from the dead.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm pretty sure the Summer Honors & Volunteer programs weren't canceled. I got an email from my school today about a change in the application deadline dates and the program (apparently they'll only be interviewing at certain schools), and applied today to honors.

edit: just went back and looked at the stuff my CSO sent that they received from the FBI, it was all dated 11/15/2010, and for both programs stated that the application deadline would 11/19/2010.
Yeah the 2011 programs are on. I dug up this old thread about the 2010 programs being cancelled.

Do you know the difference between Honors and Volunteer? (Other than Honors being paid)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:52 am

General Tso wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm pretty sure the Summer Honors & Volunteer programs weren't canceled. I got an email from my school today about a change in the application deadline dates and the program (apparently they'll only be interviewing at certain schools), and applied today to honors.

Yeah the 2011 programs are on. I dug up this old thread about the 2010 programs being cancelled.

Do you know the difference between Honors and Volunteer? (Other than Honors being paid)

Other than being paid, I'd assume the difference is something akin to the DOJ programs. With the honors program, you're on track to potentially receive an offer, but with the volunteer program you cant. I dunno, that's just speculation on my part...

EricM

New

Post by EricM » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:08 pm

The FBI will waive the two years of required experience if you have participated in the Honors Internship.

Also, the internship is much more hands on. From what I've heard you basically shadow an agent(s). Whereas the Volunteer position is more like the cliche internship, running papers and such.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”