Bring 4 copies of everything to call back??

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Should I bring 4 copies of each?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 13

Anonymous User

Bring 4 copies of everything to call back??

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:00 pm

So I have a call back interview tomorrow and I'm going to be meeting with 4 interviewers separately. I provided the firm with a copy of my resume & transcript when I initially applied. Then, at the first interview I gave them another copy of my resume and transcript in addition to my references and writing sample. The firm hasn't asked for anything more. Am I supposed to bring 4 copies of each of those things with me tomorrow?? It seems like a little much, but I don't want something this stupid to decrease my chances of getting hired.

strawberrysmoothie

Re: Bring 4 copies of everything to call back??

Postby strawberrysmoothie » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Just bring everything just in case. That's what I did. Occasionally, I'd have a busy partner/assoc. who couldn't find the resume, was looking at the wrong thing, etc. Helpful in that situation if you can just pull it out and hand it to them.

I also brought writing sample, transcript, etc. but tended to bring fewer copies of those, esp. writing sample.

In the long run, can't really hurt, right? What's a few extra pieces of paper going to hurt? (Unless it's going to stress you out to get the extra copies right now or something, in which case, probably just resume copies will do).

ChattelCat

Postby ChattelCat » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:58 pm

strawberrysmoothie wrote:Just bring everything just in case. That's what I did. Occasionally, I'd have a busy partner/assoc. who couldn't find the resume, was looking at the wrong thing, etc. Helpful in that situation if you can just pull it out and hand it to them.

I also brought writing sample, transcript, etc. but tended to bring fewer copies of those, esp. writing sample.

In the long run, can't really hurt, right? What's a few extra pieces of paper going to hurt? (Unless it's going to stress you out to get the extra copies right now or something, in which case, probably just resume copies will do).

agreed. I didn't actually have to give anyone a copy of anything at my callbacks but it can't hurt to have copies of your resume just in case (and maybe one copy of a writing sample and transcript - those are things that can easily be emailed if they really need to see them - doubtful they'd take the time to look through a writing sample during a 30 min interview - but I suppose you never know)

edcrane

Postby edcrane » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Definitely bring copies. I did this and ended up having to give copies of my resume and transcript out twice, once to a random associate who had been assigned to interview me at the last minute and once to a partner who I guess was very busy and managed to lose my resume.

NewHere

Postby NewHere » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:23 am

Sure, just in case. You'll be carrying some sort of folder anyway, right? Does it really matter whether there are 2 or 8 pages in there?

Return to “Legal Employment”