Houston firms Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Houston firms

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know what V&E's deferral policy has been for the '09 and '10 classes?

wait, they've already deferred class of 2010?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:11 am

so out of place for me to post this, but curious, whats the usual starting salary for V&E and Baker Botts and Fulbright first yrs? And by usual, I mean what they can expect ITE.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know what V&E's deferral policy has been for the '09 and '10 classes?

--LinkRemoved--

half of VE's class of 09 deferred until nov 2009; the other half until jan 2010

it looks like all of baker botts start no latter than nov 2009

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:47 am

Rejected at Howrey a few weeks ago. They're really taking their time, for whatever reason.

And Fulbright, Baker Botts, and Vinson & Elkins all pay market.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Got an offer at V&E today - there's still hope for those of you still waiting. It seems firms are taking a lot longer to make decisions this year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got an offer at V&E today - there's still hope for those of you still waiting. It seems firms are taking a lot longer to make decisions this year.
congrats! what school? are you going to take it?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got an offer at V&E today - there's still hope for those of you still waiting. It seems firms are taking a lot longer to make decisions this year.
Thanks! CCN. I'm going to take it - I absolutely loved V&E. Not sure if I should try to split the summer, though, since they're only doing 6-8 weeks. Anyone out there know of places who are allowing second halfs?

bomberblue

New

Post by bomberblue » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks! CCN. I'm going to take it - I absolutely loved V&E. Not sure if I should try to split the summer, though, since they're only doing 6-8 weeks. Anyone out there know of places who are allowing second halfs?
Send me a pm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:05 pm

I also got a V&E offer today and so there is some hope out there for those still waiting. I'm at Texas.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Class of 2010 just doesn't know their start dates. They will be decided early next year. I've been told that it will be in the Fall of 2010 and most likely with a choice to start in September, October, or November.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Class of 2010 just doesn't know their start dates. They will be decided early next year. I've been told that it will be in the Fall of 2010 and most likely with a choice to start in September, October, or November.
Have they determined compensation for c/o 2010? I know for summer associate offers they won't specify precisely what they're going to be paying, but assure that it will be market.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

any idea what the yield was for offers after last summer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Have they determined compensation for c/o 2010? I know for summer associate offers they won't specify precisely what they're going to be paying, but assure that it will be market.
No, all we were told it would be market. We will be notified early next year on pay. I actually would be suprised if it doesn't go down in Houston and their other non New York offices. I imagine that their New York office is going to stay at $160K.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

any idea what the yield was for offers after last summer?
I am guessing you mean how many 2009 summers accepted their offers to start in 2010. This I have absolutely no idea.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”