Anyone know of any IP firms hiring

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jmo7

Anyone know of any IP firms hiring

Postby jmo7 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:30 pm

It has been ages since I have been on here, but I remember there being a pretty large number of IP minded folks on here. I'm currently a 3L with a BSEE, and I split my summer at two IP boutiques. The first one told me to wait and see, and the second one didn't hire anyone. I was just wondering if any other 3Ls have come across any firms hiring entry-level. Since many firms are deferring or just outright dinging, it is a ridiculously tight job market right now for a 3L looking for a job. Feel free to throw out any names and I will look into it. I'm interested in patent, trademark/unfair competition, and copyrights, but would be willing to try just about anything right now.

EE2JD

Re: Anyone know of any IP firms hiring

Postby EE2JD » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:29 pm

McKool Smith in Texas. They were recently interviewing 3Ls. They have high billable reqs, but are a very strong patent lit boutique.

awesomepossum

Postby awesomepossum » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:40 pm

You might try Dechert. They were looking to trade their 2Ls of last year for better 3Ls.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:00 pm

I heard Knobbe is.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:54 am

FYI, I applied to McKool's summer program last week and received a prompt e-mail response that they were no longer considering new applicants.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I heard Knobbe is.

Why their 08 summer offer rate is so low?

Return to “Legal Employment”