Sullivan and Cromwell

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Sullivan and Cromwell

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:56 am

any thoughts/experiences/rumors re: Sullcrom? Offered a couple weeks back; gathering information like the dickens. thanks

Anonymous User

Re: Sullivan and Cromwell

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:29 am

I've worked with a lot of former (not fired just transfers to other firms) SC lawyers (from partners to 1st yrs) and they have nothing but bad things to say about it...take that with a grain of salt I guess. They told me to avoid it, that is was very had to make partner if you were not in the right group/with the right partner to begin with, they work you really hard then spit 98% out, very prestige orientated partner track i.e. did u go to (HYS, CNN) then you have a chance but really everyone else is SOL. They always told me to pick other great firms that are better to their associates but hell ITE its a supply rich market and SC is awesome prestige wise. ...I'll probably get bashed for writing this but whatever....good luck OP

Anonymous User

Re: Sullivan and Cromwell

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:03 pm

I did an OCI interview w/ them (no cb) and I thought between the interviewers and people they brought on campus to host, they were all very nice, but the people from NY seemed really really intense. On the other hand, I met an NY corp. associate who had since lateralled from a diff't firm and he was insanely nice. Very different from what I was expecting.

As above said, the prestige effect and the exit options that might result from it are huge though.

I did like their emphasis on the corporate side people being generalists though. That seemed like a smart strategy and also great development for the associates.

Return to “Legal Employment”