Accepting offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Accepting offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Probably a dumb question, but who do you call to accept the offer? The person who called you with the offer? The hiring partner who put his phone number on the offer letter for "questions"? The recruiting coordinator?

Anonymous User

Re: Accepting offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:58 pm

Depends. I was given a letter to sign and send back to accept. I did that and emailed the hiring partner, with whom I interviewed, to let him know that I mailed in my accpetance and was looking forward to the upcoming summer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 pm

I called the partner who called me... mainly because when we talked I told him that barring something catastrophic I discovered about the firm I'd be calling him Monday to accept, so that's what I did.

chipmunk

Postby chipmunk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Same as above. I called the hiring partner (who called me with the offer) and accepted by phone. Nice to have the immediate confirmation (and "hooray!"). :)

Return to “Legal Employment”