After offer - learning more about the firm

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

After offer - learning more about the firm

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:16 pm

Once you have an offer, what's the best way to go about asking the Qs that you weren't supposed to ask in the CB, e.g. salary/bonus, billable hours, no-offers, and deferrals. Do you call up the people you interviewed with and ask them? The legal recruiter?

Georgiana

Re: After offer - learning more about the firm

Postby Georgiana » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:29 pm

I actually just spoke with the partner I interviewed with and he asked what I wanted to know. And how he could convince me. I was very honest and said "you're my top choice but I want to do a little more research to make sure I don't find any skeletons. For example about the offer rate for this past summer"

He was super nice and was like well I don't think its public yet but told me their offer numbers anyway.

They want you to pick them now. Ask your questions. If its logistics I wouldn't call a partner I would call recruiting but if its something more substantive abt firm finances etc I would call whoever called to tell you about the offer or someone you interviewed with.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Once you have an offer, what's the best way to go about asking the Qs that you weren't supposed to ask in the CB, e.g. salary/bonus, billable hours, no-offers, and deferrals. Do you call up the people you interviewed with and ask them? The legal recruiter?

Perhaps I'm way off but aren't at least billable hours, no-offers, and deferrals things you learn about during the call-back interview? I mean obviously you don't ask straight up, but in a round about way you find out one way or another don't you? i.e. asking about partnership tracks, expectations, firms outlook on the economy, etc...

TTT-LS

Postby TTT-LS » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:11 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”