Too late to mass mail big firms? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Too late to mass mail big firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:47 pm

Is it still too late to mass mail big firms? I know some are still doing interviews, and another just called me recently to do a screening interview from a resume drop. It makes wonder if I should send a few more apps.

spanktheduck

Bronze

Re: Too late to mass mail big firms?

Post by spanktheduck » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:02 pm

It's getting late. But frankly what do you lose? A weekend. I would do it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:08 pm

I would say it depends on your credentials. I mass mailed in late july and its largely been unsuccessful although I still haven't heard anything from about half of the firms. My guess is that they are waiting until they see how many people through OCI accept, but my guess is that since summer class size are smaller, it will fill up enough where firms will not need to use direct send. Btw, I am top 2% at a lower T2, aiming at the NY market.

Goodluck though

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:52 pm

laws555

New

Post by laws555 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:18 pm

Firms are still offering screening interviews and calling people back. Go for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ChattelCat

Bronze

Post by ChattelCat » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:18 pm

laws555 wrote:Firms are still offering screening interviews and calling people back. Go for it.
This is true. I got an email from a firm just last Friday asking if I wanted to set up a screening interview. I would go for it. Plus, you have absolutely nothing to lose if you do it by email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Is there a difference between by email or by regular mail? At this stage, what is the better approach?

ChattelCat

Bronze

Post by ChattelCat » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is there a difference between by email or by regular mail? At this stage, what is the better approach?
Not sure. Email is obviously faster and cheaper - and at this point I'm not sure it would be worth the expense and time to put together a mailing on nice paper considering how late in the game it is - but honestly, I have absolutely no idea which is better.

Capercaillie

New

Post by Capercaillie » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:47 am

After being killed during the celebrated Battle of Trafalgar, British Admiral Horatio Nelson was put into a large barrel of brandy to preserve his body during the voyage back to England. When the ship arrived back home Lord Nelson was removed from the barrel and the crew celebrated his achievements by drinking the remaining brandy.

Moral of the story: Yes, it is very late and you're probably dead in the water, but make good use of your situation and give those firms a little something to [strike]laugh at[/strike] celebrate.

spanktheduck

Bronze

Post by spanktheduck » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:10 am

Capercaillie wrote:After being killed during the celebrated Battle of Trafalgar, British Admiral Horatio Nelson was put into a large barrel of brandy to preserve his body during the voyage back to England. When the ship arrived back home Lord Nelson was removed from the barrel and the crew celebrated his achievements by drinking the remaining brandy.

Moral of the story: Yes, it is very late and you're probably dead in the water, but make good use of your situation and give those firms a little something to [strike]laugh at[/strike] celebrate.
LOL 1-fucking-180

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”