Gibson Dunn NY?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Gibson Dunn NY?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some additional information/input on Gibson Dunn NY. I got an offer from them, and I really liked everyone that I met, but I don't know much about how their NY office fares in relation to other large NY firms. Is the NY office still up-and-coming, and not on the same level as some of the other top NY firms? I know they've expanded a bit in recent years, and acquired some lateral partners... so does this indicate that they are slowly increasing their foothold and influence in the NY market? From the few threads I've read, it seems that GDC has a reputation as a good QOL firm. Does anyone have any real experience that supports or detracts from that perception? What are exit opportunities from GDC like? Any information that anyone has would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks again.

Anonymous User

Re: Gibson Dunn NY?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:55 pm

I've got concerns about going to the NY office. I'd either go to the DC office, where Ted and Miguel are, or i'd go to one of the other top firms that are based in NY.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:25 pm

I think Gibson Dunn NY seems like an excellent place to work.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all,

I was hoping to get some additional information/input on Gibson Dunn NY. I got an offer from them, and I really liked everyone that I met, but I don't know much about how their NY office fares in relation to other large NY firms. Is the NY office still up-and-coming, and not on the same level as some of the other top NY firms? I know they've expanded a bit in recent years, and acquired some lateral partners... so does this indicate that they are slowly increasing their foothold and influence in the NY market? From the few threads I've read, it seems that GDC has a reputation as a good QOL firm. Does anyone have any real experience that supports or detracts from that perception? What are exit opportunities from GDC like? Any information that anyone has would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks again.

I also have an offer from that office. I think it is an up and coming office. You can look at the NYC rankings on vault and see how it's really come up. Actually, the firm in general has really come up through the rankings.

Return to “Legal Employment”