Reed Smith

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273599
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Reed Smith

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Did anyone else do a CB with Reed Smith? Has anyone heard back about offers yet? From any office?

I got the impression they were scaling back their summer program almost to the point of non-existence (i.e. 1 or 2 SAs per office).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273599
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Reed Smith

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:39 am

anyone know how many they are doing this year?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273599
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Reed Smith

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone else do a CB with Reed Smith? Has anyone heard back about offers yet? From any office?

I got the impression they were scaling back their summer program almost to the point of non-existence (i.e. 1 or 2 SAs per office).


Interesting. Do you know which offices this pertains to? I didn't hear this about Pittsburgh and Philly . . .

Anonymous User
Posts: 273599
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Reed Smith

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:28 pm

We are reviving an old thread here, but anyone have any insight into Reed Smith LA/SF?

Compensation currently at $145K according to NALP, but I read online that it used to be $160K in 2008, then dropped to $130K in 2009.

What to make of this? Avoid them despite actually liking the culture and people there?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273599
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Reed Smith

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Hmm..... I wonder if there was some sort of... catastrophic economic event that might account for that?

Plenty of lower V100's pay 145k now. You can't read into things like that.

Anonymous User wrote:We are reviving an old thread here, but anyone have any insight into Reed Smith LA/SF?

Compensation currently at $145K according to NALP, but I read online that it used to be $160K in 2008, then dropped to $130K in 2009.

What to make of this? Avoid them despite actually liking the culture and people there?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273599
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Reed Smith

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone else do a CB with Reed Smith? Has anyone heard back about offers yet? From any office?

I got the impression they were scaling back their summer program almost to the point of non-existence (i.e. 1 or 2 SAs per office).


Had an interview 14 days ago. They said their recruiting board meets every two weeks. I was also told they were planning at least 5 summers in the office I visited.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273599
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Reed Smith

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Any associates out there available to comment on Reed Smith's salary increases and salary cuts?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273599
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Reed Smith

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:39 am

bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273599
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Reed Smith

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Friday 9/7 was the last day of recruiting season, so all CBs should be done. Offers out on a rolling basis, and a recruiter indicated the whole process should be wrapped up soon. 5-6 SAs at HQ. I'd guess 4-5 at NY since that office is just a bit smaller. No idea on other offices.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273599
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Reed Smith

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Friday 9/7 was the last day of recruiting season, so all CBs should be done. Offers out on a rolling basis, and a recruiter indicated the whole process should be wrapped up soon. 5-6 SAs at HQ. I'd guess 4-5 at NY since that office is just a bit smaller. No idea on other offices.


CBs are not done.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.