screening interviews and thank you emails

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

screening interviews and thank you emails

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:13 pm

screening interviews: did you send thank-you emails after screening interviews? (not CB)
did you get any replies at all?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: screening interviews and thank you emails

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:screening interviews: did you send thank-you emails after screening interviews? (not CB)
did you get any replies at all?


I wouldn't do a straight-up thank you, because I think that's awkward. However, you can sneak one in without being a suckup by conveniently forgetting to ask an important question or forgetting to give them your writing sample/references. You can then shoot them an email with your question/document and begin it with a quick 2-sentence thank you.

User avatar
ggocat
Posts: 1663
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: screening interviews and thank you emails

Postby ggocat » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:25 pm

I sent e-mails for some and actual thank-you notes for others. I didn't notice a difference. But some people will think that a handwritten thank-you note is classy. I don't think you ever "lose points" for doing a handwritten thank-you note rather than an e-mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: screening interviews and thank you emails

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:27 pm

I just sent such an email after a screening interview at a firm which I am not VERY keen on. I don't think the interview went that well as it was so brief... surprisingly, though, this is the first time I had gotten a thank-you reply.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: screening interviews and thank you emails

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:38 pm

I sent email thank yous to all of my screening interviewers. The note was brief, usually about 3 sentences. I had about a 80-90% success rate going from screening to CB, so it definitely didn't hurt. I received replies from more than half of the interviewers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: screening interviews and thank you emails

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I sent email thank yous to all of my screening interviewers. The note was brief, usually about 3 sentences. I had about a 80-90% success rate going from screening to CB, so it definitely didn't hurt. I received replies from more than half of the interviewers.


Did you do the same thing for the attorneys after cbs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273537
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: screening interviews and thank you emails

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I sent email thank yous to all of my screening interviewers. The note was brief, usually about 3 sentences. I had about a 80-90% success rate going from screening to CB, so it definitely didn't hurt. I received replies from more than half of the interviewers.


Did you do the same thing for the attorneys after cbs?


Yes.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.