Chicago

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chicago

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:20 am

So, Chicago. Ssssslllllloooowww.
Callbacks are trickling in...
I've still got firms I'm waiting on, no love. Could just be the Chicago post office hating me and sending my rejections via the scenic route.
I've heard of no offers yet--from anyone here. Anyone know different?

I heard a couple of Chicago firms aren't having summers this year: Jones day, Latham, Winston Strawn? Anyone get a non-rejection communication from these firms? I'm pretty sure JD sent out my rejection letter the day before our interview.

I also hear that Skadden is giving offers nationwide on Sept. 22--don't worry if you're not on, there's a wait list.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Chicago

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:So, Chicago. Ssssslllllloooowww.
Callbacks are trickling in...
I've still got firms I'm waiting on, no love. Could just be the Chicago post office hating me and sending my rejections via the scenic route.
I've heard of no offers yet--from anyone here. Anyone know different?

I heard a couple of Chicago firms aren't having summers this year: Jones day, Latham, Wilmer Stahl? Anyone get a non-rejection communication from these firms? I'm pretty sure JD sent out my rejection letter the day before our interview.

I also hear that Skadden is giving offers nationwide on Sept. 22--don't worry if you're not on, there'a a wait list.

Where did you hear this? Jones Day and Latham did OCI at my school, no way they don't have a program (both of those were rolling deep w/ multiple interviewers and hospitality suites).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Where did you hear this? Jones Day and Latham did OCI at my school, no way they don't have a program (both of those were rolling deep w/ multiple interviewers and hospitality suites).

Just rumors, so grain of salt. Jones Day and Latham were both at my school too (same school, maybe), but Latham sent first-year associates. I don't know of anyone who's received a callback from either firm. Doesn't mean there aren't callbacks, of course, but one purpose of this thread was to find out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:12 am

I have cbs at Jones Day, Latham, and Winston & Strawn (their Chicago offices). I sure hope they're having summer classes.

Return to “Legal Employment”