Rolling offers/scheduling callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Rolling offers/scheduling callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:01 am

anyone have anecdotal sense of who is doing rolling offers (not cb offers, but offers), and who is waiting?

Relatedly, what's consensus on how far you shoudl schedule out callbacks? Bad idea to schedule two weeks out if you're otherwise already full and don't want to miss class? Or do I just miss class?

Very fortunate and grateful to have several cbs, but no offer yet... Because of the random order in which I am getting them, the ones I really like are now towards the end and I'm really skittish about waiting that long, ITE, and in light of these rolling offers I keep hearing about...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Georgiana

Re: Rolling offers/scheduling callbacks

Postby Georgiana » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:anyone have anecdotal sense of who is doing rolling offers (not cb offers, but offers), and who is waiting?

Relatedly, what's consensus on how far you shoudl schedule out callbacks? Bad idea to schedule two weeks out if you're otherwise already full and don't want to miss class? Or do I just miss class?
Very fortunate and grateful to have several cbs, but no offer yet... Because of the random order in which I am getting them, the ones I really like are now towards the end and I'm really skittish about waiting that long, ITE, and in light of these rolling offers I keep hearing about...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I can't tell you about offers because my first callback interview is tomorrow. I can tell you that I am much more willing to miss class than to schedule callbacks too far in advance. I'm already planning to miss the first two days of class due to an LA callback and I don't think my professors are going to care/blame me. I'll be emailing to let them know, but I dont expect problems.

steve_nash

Postby steve_nash » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:46 am

Last edited by steve_nash on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Georgiana

Postby Georgiana » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:19 am

steve_nash wrote:I know that Paul Hastings has been giving rolling offers.

All offices? Good to know... Was it on the spot or a few days later? (Interviewing with them next week)

steve_nash

Postby steve_nash » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:25 am

Last edited by steve_nash on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Georgiana

Postby Georgiana » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:31 am

steve_nash wrote:
Georgiana wrote:

All offices? Good to know... Was it on the spot or a few days later? (Interviewing with them next week)

took 2 weeks. Atlanta and NY.

That's longer than I expected. Did you interview/do you have an offer with them? Feel free to PM if you don't want to post. Ill be at the LA office.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:37 am

Georgiana wrote:
steve_nash wrote:
Georgiana wrote:

took 2 weeks. Atlanta and NY.

That's longer than I expected. Did you interview/do you have an offer with them? Feel free to PM if you don't want to post. Ill be at the LA office.

The LA office gave my friend an offer on the spot.

steve_nash

Postby steve_nash » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:58 am

Last edited by steve_nash on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BradyToMoss

Postby BradyToMoss » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:02 pm

steve_nash wrote:
pm. I will note, however, that as I go to a T20 school, I think firms are taking longer deciding what to do with my classmates and me. I.e., they're waiting to see how many of the kids at the t14 they can pick up.

I don't think firms are enamored with the t-14 like this board is. The kids getting offers seem to be those who are well-rounded, having stellar grades, strong resume/WE, and solid interviewers. Kids near the median at t-6 schools are not seeing a lot of love, and same seems to be true for t-14 who aren't in the t10%. I'm surprised at the # of kids at my t-20 who have offers when I see wats happening to lots of kids who did well at MVP and DCNG.

Georgiana

Postby Georgiana » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:25 pm

BradyToMoss wrote:
steve_nash wrote:
pm. I will note, however, that as I go to a T20 school, I think firms are taking longer deciding what to do with my classmates and me. I.e., they're waiting to see how many of the kids at the t14 they can pick up.

I don't think firms are enamored with the t-14 like this board is. The kids getting offers seem to be those who are well-rounded, having stellar grades, strong resume/WE, and solid interviewers. Kids near the median at t-6 schools are not seeing a lot of love, and same seems to be true for t-14 who aren't in the t10%. I'm surprised at the # of kids at my t-20 who have offers when I see wats happening to lots of kids who did well at MVP and DCNG.

I'd have to disagree with your statement (depending on what you consider doing well). From what I've seen, as long as you are top third you're getting at least 4-5 callbacks with those in the top 10% getting 10+ calls. It seems that its people at and below median who are having trouble.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:38 pm

OP here. Thanks for the replies thus far. I'm conflicted as to whether to start missing class for these. I just want to get them over with, and our school's OCI was a bit later in the game, so I feel at a disadvantage.

Some places like Jones day, told me that they are scheduling callbacks within a three or four week block and that's it... if such a block exists at other places, I'm hitting the tail end of the block, and I'm going to be end meat...

steve_nash

Postby steve_nash » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”