Callback travel arrangements - need an answer tonight! Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
UFBoldAsLove

New

Callback travel arrangements - need an answer tonight!

Post by UFBoldAsLove » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:59 pm

Hey Guys!

So, last week I got a callback interview with X firm in DC - which I scheduled for a Thursday in September. I arranged for a flight into DC Wed. night, and departing on Thursday night.

Tonight, I recieved a callback interview with Y firm in DC - I scheduled for the next day. Y firm says to call X firm and get my flight rescheduled to accommodate their interview (says this is the usual process).

My question:

Would it be okay to schedule my departing flight for SATURDAY, explaining to Y firm that I'd like to stay with friends and get to explore the city more? Or would this be seen as impertinent?

Thanks for all responses!

- UFBAL

Hitachi

Bronze

Re: Callback travel arrangements - need an answer tonight!

Post by Hitachi » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:19 pm

No, i spent a week on my callbacks. As long as they don't pay anything, they couldn't care less. Actually, Saturday is probably cheaper than Friday. Fly back on Tuesday and they'll love you.

chipmunk

New

Post by chipmunk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:42 pm

I think that it would be OK. I had a callback with a firm in my hometown on a Friday, and the recruiting coordinator even suggested that they schedule the return flight for Sunday so that I could stay and visit with my family. I don't think they care. If anything, it shows that you have stronger ties with the community.

AmicusCuriae

New

Post by AmicusCuriae » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:59 pm

As long as they aren't paying for the extra nights in a hotel or for your extra they won't give a damn. In fact, they probably won't even notice.

UFBoldAsLove

New

Post by UFBoldAsLove » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:43 pm

Great! Thanks!

raveler

New

Post by raveler » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:42 am

Are you actually staying to visit with friends? Or are you telling them you want to leave Saturday because of your callback Friday? Because if it's the latter, you should just tell them you have another callback so the firms can split the cost.

But yeah, like everyone else said, no one cares how long you stay as long as it doesn't cost more.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”