Quick Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Brownadam26

Quick Question

Postby Brownadam26 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Is it possible to go into coorporate law without majoring in business undergrad? I'm a Poly Sci & History Major lol what school should I go to with a 3.1 and 165 LSAT? I want to make money also so... be brutally honest

Brownadam26

Re: Quick Question

Postby Brownadam26 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:10 pm

Also can't I go to Santa Clar and do Trademarks in I.P law or something lucrative?

ChattelCat

Postby ChattelCat » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Brownadam26 wrote:Is it possible to go into coorporate law without majoring in business undergrad? I'm a Poly Sci & History Major lol what school should I go to with a 3.1 and 165 LSAT? I want to make money also so... be brutally honest

Absolutely. Most of what Biglaw firms do is corporate law and they definitely don't limit themselves to hiring business majors. You'd probably find just as many polysci majors working in corporate law as you would business majors. Also if you haven't even applied to law school yet I wouldn't worry about "figuring out what you want to do". School-wise you'd probably have much better luck in the admission forum.

CE2JD

Postby CE2JD » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:31 pm

Brownadam26 wrote:Is it possible to go into coorporate law without majoring in business undergrad? I'm a Poly Sci & History Major lol what school should I go to with a 3.1 and 165 LSAT? I want to make money also so... be brutally honest

You should apply for managerial positions at Chuck-E-Cheese restaurants instead of going to law school.

Trust me, your career will be much better.

Brownadam26

Postby Brownadam26 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Why are people like CE2JD using this site? Also if your not going to try to help why waste your time? lol You must getting off to making people feel as bad a your life is. That chuck e cheese comment wasn't even funny.

ChattelCat

Postby ChattelCat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:07 pm

Brownadam26 wrote:Why are people like CE2JD using this site? Also if your not going to try to help why waste your time? lol You must getting off to making people feel as bad a your life is. That chuck e cheese comment wasn't even funny.

First of all, this comment barely makes sense. Secondly, if you had been through OCI recently you would understand where CE2JD was coming from.

Return to “Legal Employment”