Offers Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
FYI Fenwick people, I got a call today ~10am PST.


Which office? Mountain View?

Yep!
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:FYI Fenwick people, I got a call today ~10am PST.


Which office? Mountain View?

Yep!


'grats. no call for me. guess i'm sunk :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
'grats. no call for me. guess i'm sunk :(


Yeah, no call for me either. Oh well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:29 pm

someone please post any knowledge they have about MoFo SF offers. very anxious. thank you

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:someone please post any knowledge they have about MoFo SF offers. very anxious. thank you


how long ago was your cb?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:someone please post any knowledge they have about MoFo SF offers. very anxious. thank you


how long ago was your cb?


dont want to outself but its been a while. super scared it's not going to work out. do you know how soon offers are made after CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:someone please post any knowledge they have about MoFo SF offers. very anxious. thank you

I've got nothing - I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Recruiter told me they would get to me within 2 weeks, but they're past that now for me. I've got another offer, so I'm wondering if I should call and let them know.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:someone please post any knowledge they have about MoFo SF offers. very anxious. thank you

I've got nothing - I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Recruiter told me they would get to me within 2 weeks, but they're past that now for me. I've got another offer, so I'm wondering if I should call and let them know.


No news should be good news. MoFo SF sent me my rejection letter (after what I thought was an excellent callback) the Wednesday after I interviewed. :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:someone please post any knowledge they have about MoFo SF offers. very anxious. thank you

I've got nothing - I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Recruiter told me they would get to me within 2 weeks, but they're past that now for me. I've got another offer, so I'm wondering if I should call and let them know.


No news should be good news. MoFo SF sent me my rejection letter (after what I thought was an excellent callback) the Wednesday after I interviewed. :(


sorry to hear :( i feel your pain, i've had other CBs turn out like that. do you remember when the letter was dated (or day of the week)? may give us a clue as to when the hiring committee meets.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from any of the Texas Baker Botts offices? If so, how long after CB?


I'm curious about this too. I had a callback last week and haven't heard yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:someone please post any knowledge they have about MoFo SF offers. very anxious. thank you

I've got nothing - I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Recruiter told me they would get to me within 2 weeks, but they're past that now for me. I've got another offer, so I'm wondering if I should call and let them know.


No news should be good news. MoFo SF sent me my rejection letter (after what I thought was an excellent callback) the Wednesday after I interviewed. :(


sorry to hear :( i feel your pain, i've had other CBs turn out like that. do you remember when the letter was dated (or day of the week)? may give us a clue as to when the hiring committee meets.


Same Anon as above. The hiring committee meets on Wednesdays, they sent the letter either that afternoon or the Thursday morning after, I'm not totally sure.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:40 pm

anyone did a callback with Troutman Sanders?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Same Anon as above. The hiring committee meets on Wednesdays, they sent the letter either that afternoon or the Thursday morning after, I'm not totally sure.


Damn, so my rejection could be in the mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Same Anon as above. The hiring committee meets on Wednesdays, they sent the letter either that afternoon or the Thursday morning after, I'm not totally sure.


Damn, so my rejection could be in the mail.

So if there's been a hiring committee meeting between when I interviewed and today, but I didn't get a ding in the mail yet, this could be at least an okay sign? or should I be preparing myself for the ding since I didn't get a phone call after this week's meeting?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:11 am

Has anyone gotten an offer from the San Francisco office of Nixon Peabody?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Same Anon as above. The hiring committee meets on Wednesdays, they sent the letter either that afternoon or the Thursday morning after, I'm not totally sure.


Damn, so my rejection could be in the mail.

So if there's been a hiring committee meeting between when I interviewed and today, but I didn't get a ding in the mail yet, this could be at least an okay sign? or should I be preparing myself for the ding since I didn't get a phone call after this week's meeting?



If the committee meets Wednesdays and you haven't heard yet, there's surely not an offer from that meeting. So either they haven't reached your file, they rejected you or they put you on some kind of waitlist.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten an offer from the San Francisco office of Nixon Peabody?


I know of one offer. Chances are not good. They are only targeting four SAs and are being careful about oversubscribing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Is it possible to go 0/8? I have one ding, and I've received no word either way from the rest (with a few callbacks still left to go).

I'm beginning to really freak out... and can't figure out what I've done wrong to try and fix for the future interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Has anyone heard EITHER WAY from Sidley NY after a callback?

shadowfish
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: Offers Thread

Postby shadowfish » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it possible to go 0/8? I have one ding, and I've received no word either way from the rest (with a few callbacks still left to go).

I'm beginning to really freak out... and can't figure out what I've done wrong to try and fix for the future interviews.

Someone on the MoFo thread went 1 for 7. A friend of mine last year was 1 for 10, but that was last year and ITE happened in the middle of callback season.

My guess is that you haven't done anything wrong - first of all, you haven't heard from most of your firms, so it's premature to worry. Second, you got all those callbacks in the first place, and while it could have been mostly because of your grades, your interviewing skills probably aren't subpar and you probably didn't express interest in the non-hiring practice groups.
I was in the 1 ding - 0 offers group last week and started freaking out. Fortunately, I got an offer the next day. Probably no amount of advice could have stopped me from worrying the night before, though! That said, it wouldn't hurt to start some PI/gov't/small law applications in case it looks like you might need to use them, and it might be a good way just to ease some anxiety to remember that you have other options. I think you'll be fine, though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:11 pm

I think I'm about to go 0-6. 2 dings, 2 probable dings in the mail, 2 firms still alive. I am freaking out, to say the least.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm also doing very poorly at the callback stage.

I got 10 callbacks out of 16 screening interviews so I don't think I'm a poor interviewer.

10 callbacks

1 offer
3 rejections
6 pending (and I think all but 1 have extended offers to others)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:08 pm

14 OCI interviews
6 Callbacks
4 callback interviews so far, cancelled 1, 1 to go
3 offers
0 dings
Been told a good interviewer since 8th grade

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Been told a good interviewer since 8th grade


what do you think it is that you're doing that's so effective?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:43 pm

I did pretty absymally at the cb stage. 6 callbacks. 1-4 with one outstanding (but I'm about to accept the offer and withdraw). I feel really, really lucky to have the offer, especially since it's at my top choice firm, but it makes me a little sad to know that my personality apparently sucks :oops:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:14 OCI interviews
6 Callbacks
4 callback interviews so far, cancelled 1, 1 to go
3 offers
0 dings
Been told a good interviewer since 8th grade


so you're good at interviewing other people?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.