Offers Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Post offers you know of and the approximate callback->offer time period.

S&C on the spot.

Anyone got an offer from Williams & Connolly?

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: Offers Thread

Postby showNprove » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:53 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Know someone who got S&C and DPW New York offices.

User avatar
Mi Heng
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Mi Heng » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone got an offer from Williams & Connolly?


They aren't even making callbacks for a few more weeks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Mi Heng wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone got an offer from Williams & Connolly?


They aren't even making callbacks for a few more weeks.

I had an offer from Williams & Connolly last year, but decided to go with another firm in town for practice-based reasons. The callback at W&C was the most intense of the 10 I ended up doing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mi Heng wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone got an offer from Williams & Connolly?


They aren't even making callbacks for a few more weeks.

I had an offer from Williams & Connolly last year, but decided to go with another firm in town for practice-based reasons. The callback at W&C was the most intense of the 10 I ended up doing.


Do you remember how long it took for you to get the offer after the callback?

M2008
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:27 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby M2008 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Mi Heng wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone got an offer from Williams & Connolly?


They aren't even making callbacks for a few more weeks.

Not making callback offers for a few weeks or not actually holding the callback interviews for a few weeks? Autoadmit has them at least starting to make callback offers as of today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Mi Heng wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone got an offer from Williams & Connolly?


They aren't even making callbacks for a few more weeks.

I had an offer from Williams & Connolly last year, but decided to go with another firm in town for practice-based reasons. The callback at W&C was the most intense of the 10 I ended up doing.


Do you remember how long it took for you to get the offer after the callback?
I honestly don't recall, but it might have been somewhere around a week or so.

User avatar
Mi Heng
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Mi Heng » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:40 pm

M2008 wrote:Not making callback offers for a few weeks or not actually holding the callback interviews for a few weeks? Autoadmit has them at least starting to make callback offers as of today.


I was referring to callback offers, but the more I think about the conversation the more I think that the timeline was school-specific. It's possible that they are significantly further along in the process of looking at candidates from other schools.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Bump.

Davis Polk has made some offers.

Anyone have an offer from the following DC firms:

A&P
Hogan
Wilmer
Covington
W&C

?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Post offers you know of and the approximate callback->offer time period.
S&C on the spot.


Are they honoring the NALP 45 days, or pressuring you to accept sooner?

User avatar
M51
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:59 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby M51 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Davis Polk, ~ a week after the callback. I've already accepted, so no point in doing anon.

Best of luck to everyone.

edit: no pressure to accept here, it was my own choice. lucky that the first offer was from my top choice, and that I had already had callbacks w/ the other firms I was seriously considering.

User avatar
TTT-LS
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Offers Thread

Postby TTT-LS » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:33 pm

.
Last edited by TTT-LS on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Has anyone gotten an offer from Ropes & Gray NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:22 pm

anyone here from irell or quinn? if so, how long after the callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:08 am

Brother just got an offer at Cleary NY, he's pretty excited,

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:07 am

Davis Polk, ~ a week after the callback. I've already accepted, so no point in doing anon.

Best of luck to everyone.

edit: no pressure to accept here, it was my own choice. lucky that the first offer was from my top choice, and that I had already had callbacks w/ the other firms I was seriously considering.


Congratulations! I was with them this summer and loved it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:22 pm

jenner chicago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:jenner chicago?


Anyone Chicago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten an offer from Ropes & Gray NY?


Yes. Took about 3 business days CB --> offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten an offer from Ropes & Gray NY?


Yes. Took about 3 business days CB --> offer


How was the callback? I have one tuesday and would appreciate any insights

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten an offer from Ropes & Gray NY?


Yes. Took about 3 business days CB --> offer


How was the callback? I have one tuesday and would appreciate any insights


It was pretty standard. I first met for 15 minutes with my screening interviewer, then had 4 interviews (2 senior associates, 1 partner, 1 hiring partner), then went out to lunch with 2 junior associates. I'm pretty sure everyone meets with a hiring partner. When you get your schedule, it's the 20-minute interview.

All of my conversations were very casual, and the lunch was laid back. I didn't talk much about my resume/experiences, but almost everyone asked me why Ropes and left lots of time for me to ask questions. They did ask me where else I was calling back/considering, so be prepared for that.

Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:02 pm

Ropes NY within 3 days? Interesting. I wonder why it's taking them so long to send out rejections. To my knowledge they haven't mailed any, and I know a couple of others, plus myself, who haven't heard a thing in over two weeks now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273590
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Offers Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten an offer from Ropes & Gray NY?


Yes. Took about 3 business days CB --> offer


How was the callback? I have one tuesday and would appreciate any insights


It was pretty standard. I first met for 15 minutes with my screening interviewer, then had 4 interviews (2 senior associates, 1 partner, 1 hiring partner), then went out to lunch with 2 junior associates. I'm pretty sure everyone meets with a hiring partner. When you get your schedule, it's the 20-minute interview.

All of my conversations were very casual, and the lunch was laid back. I didn't talk much about my resume/experiences, but almost everyone asked me why Ropes and left lots of time for me to ask questions. They did ask me where else I was calling back/considering, so be prepared for that.

Good luck!


Did you actually tell them who else you're considering? I've been trying to deflect the question.

I'm also not sure why firms ask that--are they less likely to want you if they have competition? Firms tend to be pretty elitist, so maybe having other options makes them want you more.

philo-sophia
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Offers Thread

Postby philo-sophia » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Did you actually tell them who else you're considering? I've been trying to deflect the question.

I'm also not sure why firms ask that--are they less likely to want you if they have competition? Firms tend to be pretty elitist, so maybe having other options makes them want you more.


sometimes it's an indicator of whether you're making informed decisions or just going off of vault rankings. If you tell someone you're interested in private equity, they're going to think it's pretty strange if you say you're not interested in Simpson. If you tell someone you're interested in venture capital and they ask you where you're looking, and you then rattle off the V10 without mentioning an interest in Wilson Sonsini, they know you're just going off of vault rankings and haven't researched at all.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.