Median # of interviews at GULC OCI: 10. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Helmholtz

Gold

Re: Median # of interviews at GULC OCI: 10.

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:14 pm

Tier3/Tier4 dwellers wrote:Holy shit! You guys got interviews?!?!?

tetrahydrocannabinol

New

Post by tetrahydrocannabinol » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:43 pm

OP- how many callbacks did you get out of your above average number of interviews? How many employers actually came to GULC?

Mark71121

Bronze

Post by Mark71121 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm

tetrahydrocannabinol wrote:OP- how many callbacks did you get out of your above average number of interviews? How many employers actually came to GULC?
i'm pretty sure GULC had more employers at OCI than any other school in the country. sadly, many of them didn't appear to be hiring!

tetrahydrocannabinol

New

Post by tetrahydrocannabinol » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:57 pm

Mark71121 wrote:
tetrahydrocannabinol wrote:OP- how many callbacks did you get out of your above average number of interviews? How many employers actually came to GULC?
i'm pretty sure GULC had more employers at OCI than any other school in the country. sadly, many of them didn't appear to be hiring!
I never understood this. Why do so many employers go to GULC when, in a good economy, they only hire to the median or so and GULC's ranking has sat at 14 every year, whereas better ranked schools don't have as many employers as GULC?

dood

Gold

Post by dood » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Last edited by dood on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tetrahydrocannabinol

New

Post by tetrahydrocannabinol » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:54 pm

dood wrote:
tetrahydrocannabinol wrote:
Mark71121 wrote:
I never understood this. Why do so many employers go to GULC when, in a good economy, they only hire to the median or so and GULC's ranking has sat at 14 every year, whereas better ranked schools don't have as many employers as GULC?
Theory: lots of qualified people in DC allows firms to cherry-pick. The big firms hit up DC, interview the top 1/2 from Gtown, the top 1/3 from GW, the top 10% from American, plus a couple URMs from Howard. Of course ITE the firms will probably only hire a small percentage of the people they interview. But I imagine the firms like to cherry-pick from the 1000+ people the interview from, whereas there will be far less selection on a trip to Ann Arbor or Ithaca, for example.
That's definitely true given just the shear size of GULC (even picking up half of all the 2Ls is a lot). I think they pick up a lot more then a couple URMs from Howard though (I think they do close to as good as GULC, at least as far as median salaries go).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”