Info about Seward & Kissel Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Info about Seward & Kissel

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:there is definitely a hold pile. The way it has worked at my school is one person was extended an offer after two weeks. another person called because they had another offer on the table and was extended an offer that same day. Finally, third person who had been waiting nearly a month called, expressing interest and concern about the expiration of an offer and received an offer the next day. So calling does not necessarily hurt.
I wish I actually had an offer to leverage. But I did call and then follow up with an email because of an update on my resume. They said this is the last week of interviews and will reconvene on Monday.
as in they are making all the calls Monday? Or that week is the week of decision making?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:there is definitely a hold pile. The way it has worked at my school is one person was extended an offer after two weeks. another person called because they had another offer on the table and was extended an offer that same day. Finally, third person who had been waiting nearly a month called, expressing interest and concern about the expiration of an offer and received an offer the next day. So calling does not necessarily hurt.
I wish I actually had an offer to leverage. But I did call and then follow up with an email because of an update on my resume. They said this is the last week of interviews and will reconvene on Monday.
as in they are making all the calls Monday? Or that week is the week of decision making?
Nothing solid.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:26 pm

bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:09 pm

still nothing over here.........

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:still nothing over here.........
same. So we could both be rejected OR they haven't made a decision. These (largely baseless) speculations are really killing my study habits...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:47 pm

yeah, at this point, I am assuming I was rejected. Pretty sure all the spots went to nyu/cls kids. meh, I guess its time to move on

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:yeah, at this point, I am assuming I was rejected. Pretty sure all the spots went to nyu/cls kids. meh, I guess its time to move on
I know people at my T14 school who have offers. They also plan on turning it down. I think we can't make any assumptions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:09 pm

bump for hope

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:yeah, at this point, I am assuming I was rejected. Pretty sure all the spots went to nyu/cls kids. meh, I guess its time to move on
I know people at my T14 school who have offers. They also plan on turning it down. I think we can't make any assumptions.
Understood. but if they just finished interviewing last week, that means it is possible (but not likely) that this process could last up until Halloween or so. Which is a loooong time to be waiting around. . .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:02 pm

anyone here anything this week?????? No activity??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:As of two days ago there had been four accepted offers which means still six spots to fill. Those who have been waiting more than two weeks would seem to definitely still be in play. Gluck
good chance we can see letters tomorrow then, ugh

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:As of two days ago there had been four accepted offers which means still six spots to fill. Those who have been waiting more than two weeks would seem to definitely still be in play. Gluck
how do you know there are 10 spots?
Anonymous User wrote:
um, why would that be true?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm

When I went for my callback there was a problem with a client and two of the partners I was supposed to meet with had to be on a conference call with that client. Turns out, I didn't meet any partners at the firm (2 associates, 1 senior counsel). Wondering if this is going to hurt me. I kept in touch with the partner I met at the screening interview, but that's it. Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When I went for my callback there was a problem with a client and two of the partners I was supposed to meet with had to be on a conference call with that client. Turns out, I didn't meet any partners at the firm (2 associates, 1 senior counsel). Wondering if this is going to hurt me. I kept in touch with the partner I met at the screening interview, but that's it. Thoughts?
Seems like it would be harder to get an offer since there's no partner that is able to defend you. But I don't know how firms decide after the standard 2+2 interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:47 pm

I only met with one partner. Two of the associates were pretty senior though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:19 pm

if this is accurate (which, I have no idea how you got that info), the six spots have probably already been offered out. They are prob just waiting for acceptances/denials, which could literally take WEEKS more to go through. Don't forget, if they go into the "waitlist" pile, not all those people will accept either. This process could go on for months. :x

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:

how do you know there are 10 spots?

I'd like to know this.
Anonymous User wrote:
um, why would that be true?
and again, you know this ... how?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:05 am

I know because the recruiter told my friend when she accepted their offer

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:57 am

I'm wondering if anyone knows when S&K finished filling its class last year

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm wondering if anyone knows when S&K finished filling its class last year
also would love to know this. hopefully not Christmas lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Does anyone even know how many callbacks there were total???

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone even know how many callbacks there were total???
Good question. I was interested in this as well. I interviewed with a couple of firms that were hiring around 6-10 summers and all offered me an interview during one of four time slots on any business day. If they filled all of those slots that would mean 80 candidates for ten spots. Seems high to me, but I know nothing.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone even know how many callbacks there were total???
Good question. I was interested in this as well. I interviewed with a couple of firms that were hiring around 6-10 summers and all offered me an interview during one of four time slots on any business day. If they filled all of those slots that would mean 80 candidates for ten spots. Seems high to me, but I know nothing.

At first I thought it was a small number of callbacks, but I really have no clue. I am (totally) guessing it is no more than 40, but who the hell knows.

I truly wonder how many people are still waiting to hear back (from this thread alone, its 3 (i think)).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:19 pm

i think they actually callback A LOT of pple. from columbia's info last year they called back 13 out of 15 people from first rounds, and then made offers to 0 of them. really weird system of you ask me. but judging from this they seem to be pretty picky.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”