Info about Seward & Kissel Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Info about Seward & Kissel

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:what we know from this thread:
1. callbacks are still going on this week
2. offers have been made to some people
3. rejections have been made to some people
4. some people are still waiting for weeks now with nothing (up to 3 weeks)

put all this together and you get: __________________ :shock:

so basically same thing we know about every other firm on this forum that has started making calls one way or the other. :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:what we know from this thread:
1. callbacks are still going on this week
2. offers have been made to some people
3. rejections have been made to some people
4. some people are still waiting for weeks now with nothing (up to 3 weeks)

put all this together and you get: __________________ :shock:

so basically same thing we know about every other firm on this forum that has started making calls one way or the other. :)

I mean, I guess you could infer that people that are waiting are indeed on a "waitlist"? pshh, I don't know

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:46 pm

how did you get the rejections? email or mail?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:how did you get the rejections? email or mail?
I am also interested in this

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Rejection via snail mail.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:know one person with an offer from them, it took about two weeks. Know someone else who has waited for more than 3 weeks with nothing. Don't understand why they mislead their candidates as to when they will hear, neither necessary nor appropriate.

They aren't misleading--they probably told everyone ~month to hear. If you hear earlier with an acceptance, then you don't care. If you hear earlier with a rejection, then you can't do anything about it. If you haven't heard (and longer than 2 weeks), they are probably trying to wait to hear back from some of their first offers to see what they will do (since, it is probably getting close to 28 days for those people).
+1.

Although, I think a lot of the offers were put out last week, so we have a while for them to expire/get acted on/etc.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:43 pm

updates? new info??? :? its been well over two weeks. . . .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:46 pm

I know two people who got offers already from diff schools.
FYI, i got rejected after two weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know two people who got offers already from diff schools.
FYI, i got rejected after two weeks.
1. what week was your CB?
2. what weeks did they receive their offers?

sorry about your ding. im still waiting...........

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:50 pm

1. what week was your CB?
last week of Aug.

2. what weeks did they receive their offers?
after two weeks, both of them.

sorry about your ding. im still waiting...........

Good Luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:16 pm

anyone else still been waiting more than two weeks at this point???

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Is Seward supposed to be a "quality of life" firm? What to make of the high associate-partner ratio?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:02 pm

can the people who received offers/know of people who recieved offers post stats please. i am curious to know how selective they are.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:can the people who received offers/know of people who recieved offers post stats please. i am curious to know how selective they are.
my CB was the last week of August, received an offer last week. everyone at Seward was great-- seems like a great place to work, and definitely a little more relaxed than the huge NY firms. can't be beat if you want to do hedge funds.

stats: below median @ T10, i've been told i interview really well (not sure how true this is, but for what it's worth i had a 100% CB-to-offer ratio). declined my offer last week because i'm going to a bigger firm, but good luck to everyone still waiting!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:can the people who received offers/know of people who recieved offers post stats please. i am curious to know how selective they are.
my CB was the last week of August, received an offer last week. everyone at Seward was great-- seems like a great place to work, and definitely a little more relaxed than the huge NY firms. can't be beat if you want to do hedge funds.

stats: below median @ T10, i've been told i interview really well (not sure how true this is, but for what it's worth i had a 100% CB-to-offer ratio). declined my offer last week because i'm going to a bigger firm, but good luck to everyone still waiting!
My CB was on the 30th, haven't heard anything yet... :-( at the mailbox

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

If you (and I, and probably others) are still waiting, and offers and dings were sent out just a short while ago, it probably means they are holding us for yields (i.e. if people decline offers, they go to our pile). At least that is what I have been telling myself.

Have you thought of calling/ emailing them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

If you (and I, and probably others) are still waiting, and offers and dings were sent out just a short while ago, it probably means they are holding us for yields (i.e. if people decline offers, they go to our pile). At least that is what I have been telling myself.

Have you thought of calling/ emailing them?
I'm hoping to secure a spring term internship with a federal agency today, if I survive today I'll call them first thing tomorrow.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:46 am

i agree that they are probably waiting for yield.. their summer class is typically pretty small so they likely have to be conservative with the number of offers that are outstanding at any given time. no news is good news i think... good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:49 am

yeah I am not sure whether contacting them is a good move. If its been over three weeks, not sure what to do...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:26 am

I'm in the same boat. Let me know if you all hear anything.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:52 pm

there is definitely a hold pile. The way it has worked at my school is one person was extended an offer after two weeks. another person called because they had another offer on the table and was extended an offer that same day. Finally, third person who had been waiting nearly a month called, expressing interest and concern about the expiration of an offer and received an offer the next day. So calling does not necessarily hurt.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:there is definitely a hold pile. The way it has worked at my school is one person was extended an offer after two weeks. another person called because they had another offer on the table and was extended an offer that same day. Finally, third person who had been waiting nearly a month called, expressing interest and concern about the expiration of an offer and received an offer the next day. So calling does not necessarily hurt.
I wish I actually had an offer to leverage. But I did call and then follow up with an email because of an update on my resume. They said this is the last week of interviews and will reconvene on Monday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”