Callback Thank You Notes??

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback Thank You Notes??

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Should I send one general thank you letter to the firm after a callback or to each individual lawyer I met during the callback? Which is more commonplace?

transferguy

Re: Callback Thank You Notes??

Postby transferguy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Ooops, I didn't mean to make this anonymous. Sorry mods.

---why---

Postby ---why--- » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:59 am

I will - especially this year with limited call-backs.

transferguy

Postby transferguy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:31 am

---why--- wrote:I will - especially this year with limited call-backs.

Wait, you will what? Send to each separate interviewer during the callback or just one general letter to the firm?

TTT-LS

Postby TTT-LS » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:46 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Georgiana

Postby Georgiana » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:57 pm

TTT-LS wrote:Send one short, thoughtful, handwritten thank you card to each attorney you interviewed with, plus the people in legal recruiting/HR that set it all up. I did this last year and got positive comments about it.

Quick question about this... what if you are located accross the country and it would probably take a few days to a week for it to arrive? Should I maybe bring them with me and send them out while still out on the west coast before my flight back to the east coast? Or just live with the delay? Or email? :)

---why---

Postby ---why--- » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:04 am

Sort of off topic, but for each call-back I got, I sent everyone I met (recruiting people, associates, partners, pets) a thank you/look forward to seeing you letter.

MrOrange

Postby MrOrange » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:05 am

Georgiana wrote:
TTT-LS wrote:Send one short, thoughtful, handwritten thank you card to each attorney you interviewed with, plus the people in legal recruiting/HR that set it all up. I did this last year and got positive comments about it.

Quick question about this... what if you are located accross the country and it would probably take a few days to a week for it to arrive? Should I maybe bring them with me and send them out while still out on the west coast before my flight back to the east coast? Or just live with the delay? Or email? :)

Can't just get by on looks? ;)

Georgiana

Postby Georgiana » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:09 am

MrOrange wrote:
Georgiana wrote:

With men, sure... but what if I am interviewed by one of those rumored female attorneys? I don't think she'll appreciate my charm :)

MrOrange

Postby MrOrange » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:12 am

Georgiana wrote:
MrOrange wrote:
Georgiana wrote:

With men, sure... but what if I am interviewed by one of those rumored female attorneys? I don't think she'll appreciate my charm :)

"So...what do you like to do for fun? Play any sports? Oh, you're already on a team, I see...

...thought about switching sides?" :twisted:

Also...lesbians apparently don't exist. Color me flummoxed :D

Georgiana

Postby Georgiana » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:19 am

MrOrange wrote:"So...what do you like to do for fun? Play any sports? Oh, you're already on a team, I see...

Not interested in women... sorry to shatter any ideas you may have had :roll:

MrOrange

Postby MrOrange » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:26 am

Georgiana wrote:
MrOrange wrote:"So...what do you like to do for fun? Play any sports? Oh, you're already on a team, I see...

Not interested in women... sorry to shatter any ideas you may have had :roll:

I guess "whatever it takes" does have its limitations when it comes to employment.

I'll make sure to check back in with questions if the legal market worsens, though.

Return to “Legal Employment”