Invitation "pending" on Symplicity?!

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Invitation "pending" on Symplicity?!

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:30 am

Does anyone know whether this means anything special? For two employers who were previously listed as resume drops (no OCI) on Symplicity, my status has changed to "invitation pending." Anyone have this happen before? Should I be optimistic or is it just a glitch?

Re: Invitation "pending" on Symplicity?!

Postby hbb » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 pm

I see the mods have pretty much given up on policing needless use of the "anonymous user" feature.

To answer your question, however, I've never seen such a message myself. It does seem sort of odd in the context of a resume collect: I wouldn't expect an employer to provide any sort of update to your career services folks if they are not participating in an OCI program. Instead, it would seem more likely that they would simply contact the students they were interested directly, rather than working through the Simplicity system.

Return to “Legal Employment”