LGBT job fair Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

LGBT job fair

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:44 am

Is it worth going? do recruiters really hire from the job fair?
I should be going, but will have classes that day.

Anonymous User

Re: LGBT job fair

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it worth going? do recruiters really hire from the job fair?
I've heard it can be a good way to show your interest in a firm you've already interviewed with or will interview with, though I have no idea if firms actually hire at that event. I fear some firms only do it to show their "commitment" to diversity, but if they have to pay to participate in the fair, ITE it could mean that they want to get something more for their money and bring home some potential associates.

FWI, I was planning to go, but probably won't now since I think my time is better spent throwing myself directly at firms for interviews/callbacks.

raskolnikov

New

Re: LGBT job fair

Post by raskolnikov » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:19 am

Several people have said that it may be very beneficial to attend, so I'll be there.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”