Suit question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JAMNjo

Suit question

Postby JAMNjo » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:36 am

I only have one suit, and three days of interviews. THe employers are only there one day, so worst case scenario, it IS okay to wear the same suit every day, correct? As long as it is clean, etc.?

Also, i DO have an older suit, but it is from my senior year in high school. The one thing that makes me insecure about it is that the suit jacket goes down to just above my knees....... what do you think? It is black and light white pin stripes. I am just insecure that it might be too "Hilary" like or something, so i am not going to wear it..

El Orance

Re: Suit question

Postby El Orance » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:46 am

JAMNjo wrote: The one thing that makes me insecure about it is that the suit jacket goes down to just above my knees....... what do you think? It is black and light white pin stripes.

Zoot suit?

JAMNjo

Postby JAMNjo » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:50 am

haha yes pretty much. Maybe not as dramatic...

El Orance

Postby El Orance » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:08 am

If at all feasible take a few hours this afternoon and buy a second suit. You'll need it on the job anyway and if you only have one suit you are guaranteed to spill something on it.

But yes, barring calamities you could theoretically wear the same suit all three days. Assuming based on the Hillary comment you are female... don't wear something sleeveless under the jacket if you want it to last through your interviews.

HWS08

Postby HWS08 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:41 am

El Orance wrote:If at all feasible take a few hours this afternoon and buy a second suit. You'll need it on the job anyway and if you only have one suit you are guaranteed to spill something on it.

But yes, barring calamities you could theoretically wear the same suit all three days. Assuming based on the Hillary comment you are female... don't wear something sleeveless under the jacket if you want it to last through your interviews.

+1, but if you do buy something else make sure it's something you love and you aren't just buying it out of desperation. Don't wear the high scholol suit. If you feel uncomfortable in it you won't be as confident in your interviews (or at least most people I know wouldn't be).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:52 am

So long as you can keep the suit pressed and clean there is no reason you cannot wear it all three days.

If you happen to run into an interviewer that you saw on a previous day, I highly doubt that they are going to notice/take off points for wearing the same thing. I have many suits, but there is one that I like for interviews (in other words, tastefully boring). I will probably wear it to all my OCI interviews.

Return to “Legal Employment”