Interviewing for Other Location Q

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interviewing for Other Location Q

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:03 pm

I have an OCI with a partner and associate who work at the City A office of a huge law firm, which is based in City B. I'm interested in working at the firm's City C office, where a decent number of attorneys work. I wouldn't mind working in City A, either, though.

City A: Northeastern metropolis; listed as registering office in Symplicity
City B: Southern metropolis; firm's main office; listed in "other locations" column in Symplicity
City C: Southwestern metropolis; listed in "other locations" column in Symplicity

I'm wondering how to maximize my chances of getting a callback. Should I say that (1) I'm interested in working in City A; (2) I'm interested in working in City A and City C; (3) that I'm interested in working in City C?

Again, both interviewers work in DC, in the same specialized practice area. They even clerked for the same judge!

Thanks for any thoughts from people who've dealt with a similar situation.

Return to “Legal Employment”