hiromoto45 wrote:1. How do women fair at your firm?
2.During what year or time does it become seemingly clear which associates are on the partner track and which are not?
3. Are the URMs in your firm given work level to yours or is it significantly less demanding? I ask because you said previous URMs have been hired with lesser gpas. I can't but think that would affect the quality of work or productivity that would be expected of URMs.
4. Do URMs still face a glass-ceiling to partnership even if they excel beyond expectations or are just as productive as non-urms that are on the partner track?
1. There aren't as many women partners but there are almost equal number of associates. As far as I can tell women are treated the same as men. There also doesn't seem to be a stigma to taking maternity leave.
2. I'd say around years 4-6, but people are asked to leave at every level all the time.
3. URMs get the same work.
4. No, when it come to making partner the almighty book of business rules. You could be a martian and as long as you can bring in the $, you'll be fine.