OCI callbacks thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: OCI callbacks thread

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So OCI at Vanderbilt started on Monday. I've had 3 interviews so far. I have not received a single question about my resume - not my summer job, 3 years previous work experience, etc. I go into the interview and they ask: what offices are you interested in, and then "do you have any questions for us." That's the whole interview.

Has this been everyone's experience so far? I feel like they've already decided who they want to callback.

also at vandy. four interviews in, a few more tomorrow, then more next week obviously. two went really well, two were a waste of time. the two that went well asked me lots of questions about my resume and seemed like they would go out of their way for me. who knows if these will turn into a callback, but nobody has heard back from either firm yet. i'm hanging on to hope.

median, journal, good resume (measured by the reactions of interviewers)

vandyoci.blogspot.com

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So OCI at Vanderbilt started on Monday. I've had 3 interviews so far. I have not received a single question about my resume - not my summer job, 3 years previous work experience, etc. I go into the interview and they ask: what offices are you interested in, and then "do you have any questions for us." That's the whole interview.

Has this been everyone's experience so far? I feel like they've already decided who they want to callback.

also at vandy. four interviews in, a few more tomorrow, then more next week obviously. two went really well, two were a waste of time. the two that went well asked me lots of questions about my resume and seemed like they would go out of their way for me. who knows if these will turn into a callback, but nobody has heard back from either firm yet. i'm hanging on to hope.

median, journal, good resume (measured by the reactions of interviewers)

vandyoci.blogspot.com

ah dude, what'd ya go and do that for? despite being anon., that was supposed to be private...

now we'll probably get all kinds of jerks posting stupid/fake comments.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Transfer student to UT/Vandy/UCLA.
8 interviews so far, 3 more to go.

No callbacks, but no official rejections yet. I'm sure some are in the mail, as I know some firms have called others back. I did have one screening interview where I went and talked to the interview in the morning, gave him my resume, and explained why I was interested. He called me around lunch time and told me to come meet with him that afternoon for a few minutes. Hopefully that's a good sign. We'll see though, I'm not too optimistic ITE. I'm definitely afraid I'm going to get stuck with some crappy unpaid internship. Lame...

I will say that the only downside to transferring so far is when you interview with someone who really likes people from your old school. Makes you feel pretty stupid.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:10 pm

MVP school, a hair above median (I think), ~20 screening interviews (deep in a secondary market, a few in another, bigger market).

Thus far:
3 dings, 0 callbacks, the remainder pending.

Here's to hoping the respectable but not eye-watering candidates will get a wave of callbacks after the rock stars commit.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:01 pm

heard about someone getting a callback from cleary @ penn

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just wondering if other people have experienced Chicago firms taking their sweet time to get back to people? There are 5 Chicago firms I interviewed with over a week ago and haven't heard a peep either way...though I'm definitely losing hope.

I know Skadden called some people earlier this week. Kirkland is getting decisions out early next week. Mayer Brown is still giving screening interviews to non-OCI applicants from what I hear, so I assume they won't be sending out rejections/callbacks until next week. Baker McKenzie sent out rejections this week.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Who else do you have in mind?

Sidley, Latham?

Not sure about Sidley--I don't know anyone who has heard. Latham sent out rejections last week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ubik23 wrote:Does anyone know the timeline from callback to offer. I've been waiting 4+ days.

So far, mine have ranged from 3 - 5 business days.

did they tell you it'd be that quick or was that much sooner than what they told you?

Is this really true? How many offers could you have possibly received? Is 3-5 days after a call back normal (business days)?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:34 pm

regarding the Cleary cb from Penn...do you know the person's grades?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:40 pm

Has anyone gotten a callback from Milbank NY, Hughes Hubbard NY, or Shearman & Sterling NY? If so, school/grades, and how long from screening interview to when you got the call inviting you for a callback?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten a callback from Milbank NY, Hughes Hubbard NY, or Shearman & Sterling NY? If so, school/grades, and how long from screening interview to when you got the call inviting you for a callback?

HH made quick callbacks at CCN

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:07 pm

has anyone heard from gibson SF?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:53 pm

From a school ranked 30-40

GPA above the median, outside the top 1/3
Failed miserably at moot court and law review...

Scored a great job for my 1L summer before grades came out (mid-law, but it paid unlike 95% of the other 1L jobs)
Fall internship on the state Supreme Court
Director of a well-known student organization

Applied to every OCI firm I could (only 35)...
Got TWO fucking interviews... 12 firms or so still haven't selected

Still waiting on my 1L summer firm to tell me whether or not I have a 2L job (they'll tell me in "late October"). They are also doing OCI - I didn't meet their requirements for an interview, let alone a job. I got an excellent evaluation at the end of the summer, however, and they don't know what my grades are.

----

Being near the median at a "median" school fucking sucks. ONE change in a grade from a B- to an A- would put me in the top 20%. I feel like everything is collapsing. I'm worried that I'll have $130,000 in loans with no job. Advice? Should I cut my losses?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:52 pm

My Sidley interviewer said no callbacks would be made before Labor Day.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:05 pm

CCN, Law Review, top 10%

Had roughly 30 interviews. 15-20 callbacks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:From a school ranked 30-40

GPA above the median, outside the top 1/3
Failed miserably at moot court and law review...

Scored a great job for my 1L summer before grades came out (mid-law, but it paid unlike 95% of the other 1L jobs)
Fall internship on the state Supreme Court
Director of a well-known student organization

Applied to every OCI firm I could (only 35)...
Got TWO fucking interviews... 12 firms or so still haven't selected

Still waiting on my 1L summer firm to tell me whether or not I have a 2L job (they'll tell me in "late October"). They are also doing OCI - I didn't meet their requirements for an interview, let alone a job. I got an excellent evaluation at the end of the summer, however, and they don't know what my grades are.

----

Being near the median at a "median" school fucking sucks. ONE change in a grade from a B- to an A- would put me in the top 20%. I feel like everything is collapsing. I'm worried that I'll have $130,000 in loans with no job. Advice? Should I cut my losses?

Do you go to a TTT?

Postby 98234872348 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Last edited by 98234872348 on Thu May 19, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:regarding the Cleary cb from Penn...do you know the person's grades?

Yes, but no need to share. They were good.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ubik23 wrote:Does anyone know the timeline from callback to offer. I've been waiting 4+ days.

did they tell you it'd be that quick or was that much sooner than what they told you?

Is this really true? How many offers could you have possibly received? Is 3-5 days after a call back normal (business days)?

how are you notified of offers? phone? email? mail?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:07 pm

anyone receive callbacks on weekends? Also, anyone know how long Willkie (NY) and Kaye (NY) took to make calls

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone receive callbacks on weekends? Also, anyone know how long Willkie (NY) and Kaye (NY) took to make calls

willkie made CBs at GULC the day after

Oblomov

Postby Oblomov » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:27 pm

mistergoft wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do you go to a TTT?

Literally the first thing mentioned...

Way to post anonymously for no apparent reason.

Would you want to out yourself as being unable to read?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CCN, Law Review, top 10%

Had roughly 30 interviews. 15-20 callbacks.

Well done, friend. I have similar stats (slightly fewer interviews) and only 11 callbacks.

amped

Postby amped » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:38 pm

Oblomov wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do you go to a TTT?

Literally the first thing mentioned...

Way to post anonymously for no apparent reason.

Would you want to out yourself as being unable to read?

Lulz.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone receive callbacks on weekends? Also, anyone know how long Willkie (NY) and Kaye (NY) took to make calls

Willkie was quick. Two days.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Legal Employment”